S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Time for order

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for order

I placed an order on July 6th. Anyone know how long it takes before the order system at the dealership gives an estimated delivery date? The sales manager thought 2 weeks but no date yet.

Ordered:
Ice Silver
Black Silk Nappa
Prestige
Drive Select
Driver assist
Carbon Atlas

Thanks,
Al/A4
Old 07-21-2009, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the way I understand it, it would depend on if they had an allotment to place an order to the factory. If they didn't, they may be waiting until they get one in order to place it into the Queue @ the factory.

Did they say if they had an allotment? You should have heard something by now I would think.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Former Vendor

You need the commission number. That should be nearly instant. If they can't supply, you are waiting...
Old 07-22-2009, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Comm #s are generated when the order is entered into the system. Them having an allocation would be the biggest thing. I've got two in the factory now. This month's allocation period ends Monday. So if you have no allocation it would be nearly 100+ days till your car hits. You'd be waiting till the middle of next month for them to get an allocation and then wait 30 days for it to hit the factory. Check up on their allocation status. That's the key.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AofC_RR
Comm #s are generated when the order is entered into the system. Them having an allocation would be the biggest thing. I've got two in the factory now. This month's allocation period ends Monday. So if you have no allocation it would be nearly 100+ days till your car hits. You'd be waiting till the middle of next month for them to get an allocation and then wait 30 days for it to hit the factory. Check up on their allocation status. That's the key.
So does that mean any allocations not used don't carry over to the next month?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:39 PM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

96 days seems pretty standard on the 3 I have ordered.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
So does that mean any allocations not used don't carry over to the next month?
Not sure if I get what you're asking. Allocations are what Audi says we get. So that's what you get. You can refuse to order a car but it generally leads to your allocations being cut. So they get used. That's what's known as ordering for stock. They might say this month you get 1 S4 6 speed and next month no S4s and the month after that 1 S4 S-tronic. Allocations vary on dealer volume, market share and size.
If you have an order in the order bank but no allocation the order carries over until there is an allocation for it. For example you walk into the store today and order a car the dealer is not allocated to them this ordering period. Next month comes, no allocation. Third month, allocation. The car gets picked up for production then. The A5/S5 forum has some good info and tales of 9 month waits for cars.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AofC_RR
Not sure if I get what you're asking. Allocations are what Audi says we get. So that's what you get. You can refuse to order a car but it generally leads to your allocations being cut. So they get used. That's what's known as ordering for stock. They might say this month you get 1 S4 6 speed and next month no S4s and the month after that 1 S4 S-tronic. Allocations vary on dealer volume, market share and size.
If you have an order in the order bank but no allocation the order carries over until there is an allocation for it. For example you walk into the store today and order a car the dealer is not allocated to them this ordering period. Next month comes, no allocation. Third month, allocation. The car gets picked up for production then. The A5/S5 forum has some good info and tales of 9 month waits for cars.
Rich, Thanks for clarifying. I understand the process a little more now
Old 07-22-2009, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Found what I believe is the info Rich is speaking of in the A5/S5 Forum:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2751061

Originally Posted by Andrewaw
Hey, Tim Hayes, an awesome Audi Rep, posted this guide sometime last year. Should answer your questions

THERE IS NO NEED TO RUN A COM NUMBER EVERY OTHER DAY OR EVERY WEEK FOR THAT MATTER!

First and foremost. Allocation is granted on the 14-15th of every month. If your dealer is granted Allocation the system will automatically pull the order into the "Factory Order Bank" according to how the dealer has the order ranked in his system. If there are 5 orders he must rank them first through fifth.

Allocation is different for model line. For example a dealer can get 1 manual and 1 automatic. Same goes for the S5.

Once a car is in "Production stock" assume at least 30-40 days before it will go into the next status, which would be "Intransit from Factory" from there it will be another two weeks. At this point the vehicle will have a VIN# and will be submitted for customs clearance. When the vehicle arrives at your countries port of entry, (we have several in the US). It will be marked "Port Stock" From there it will either be trucked (2-10 days based on location)or railed and then trucked (14-17 days)

The next status is (you guessed it) Dealer Stock. This means, the dealer has the car in its inventory and it can be prepped and delivered to the customer...
Originally Posted by scottacus
Factory Order Bank is one step in the order process (it's not the order entry/tracking system itself, which is part of the AccessAudi website dealers have access to). A sold order will have a commission number as soon as it's put in the order system.

The steps are:
IS Order Bank - no allocation
Factory Order Bank - allocation, waiting to be pulled for production
Production Stock - In production
In Transit from Factory - waiting for a boat or on a boat
Port Stock - At port
In Transit Inland - On a train or truck to your dealer
Dealer Stock - At dealer, ready for delivery ...
Old 07-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Former Vendor

I have a VIN number in my hands now. Pete

Quick Reply: Time for order