S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

TMC Motorsport S4 Tuning Box?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi friends, my name is Daron, owner of TMC Motorsport. We get emails from Google when our products are being discussed and I always look to make sure everything being said is genuine. Our tuning kit for the S4 is a four channel kit, 2 control channels and 2 input signals (reference signals), the reason the other make of kit shown earlier in this thread uses two boxes is because it is not a multi channel processor unit, so the two control signals are being run independently instead of my the same controller and also it is a fixed adjustment as there is no RPM reference signal.

Our unit has input signals from throttle and camshaft to detect RPM so that it can alter power at different levels at different RPM, basically live tuning as you drive. It is also not the case that our unit is identical to ABT, I don't even know what the ABT unit looks like and I did not tell anyone that our kit was the same as ABT's.

I have a recent email from Lukasz from Poland, one of our most recent S5 customers who contacted me to say how pleased he was, he even made a Youtube video of his car racing a highly tuned Golf R:

"Hello,

see this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLxKD1wBfek

from left side:
S5 Sportback vs Golf R 340hp (Exhaust MG Motosport + Compsport Chiptuning) vs S5 Sportback with TMC Tuning BOX

its really working!
very good job
Lukasz"

I also have a dyno graph showing figures for this kit, anyone who is interested is welcome to contact me at info@tmcmotorsport.com

We can also arrange a group buy deal if you have more than 5 people interested and the 30 day money back offer applies to all our tuning kits so if you don't feel you have got value for money just return it for a full refund.

Best Regards
Daron
TMC Motorsport
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audi S4 333PS Copy.pdf (103.4 KB, 272 views)
Old 11-08-2011, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Daron,
Thanks for swinging by. Care to comment more in depth as to what the box monitors, and what adjustments it makes to enable more power?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I don't want to give too much away, it monitors both throttle position and camshaft signal, that way we can alter the signals at different levels as you accelerate, most units can't do this.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TMC Motorsport
I don't want to give too much away, it monitors both throttle position and camshaft signal, that way we can alter the signals at different levels as you accelerate, most units can't do this.
Does it address the boost bypass valve? I think this is the key question.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by helix139
Indeed, we like details and disclosure as do many of the enthusiast community. We had a similar piggy back used on a car of a community member here and it would only work under certain circumstances, and provided unreliable results.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

+1

BUT, if you look at the Dyno PDF, the red P-NORM [PS] line continues to climb until it reaches redline, ALTHOUGH there seems to be a hiccup right before 6K RPM...wonder what that is? The bypass valve?

Also, can anybody explain what all those terms mean? P-RAD [PS] & P-SCHLEPP [PS]? I'm assuming P-NORM [PS] & M-NORM [NM] is the horsepower & torque figures of the tune...
Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by youS4
+1

BUT, if you look at the Dyno PDF, the red P-NORM [PS] line continues to climb until it reaches redline, ALTHOUGH there seems to be a hiccup right before 6K RPM...wonder what that is? The bypass valve?

Also, can anybody explain what all those terms mean? P-RAD [PS] & P-SCHLEPP [PS]? I'm assuming P-NORM [PS] & M-NORM [NM] is the horsepower & torque figures of the tune...
Dyno results really mean very little unless we know their dyno process and how they arrive at their final figures. Hell, Revo has shown "dynos" but no tune yet. This PDF also cuts off well short of redline.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This PDF also cuts off well short of redline.
Good catch...for some reason my mind was associating the end of the curve to the 7K cut-off of the graph w/o noticing that gap. LOL!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

..... This PDF also cuts off well short of redline.
Must be dsg.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Guys we could talk forever about how our dyno works and still have more questions, there is no risk involved to purchasing a unit, it has a 30 day money back guarantee and you have a Paypal guarantee too, you can do all the tests you want on your own local dyno with your local fuel and local temps/air quality and if you don't get the results you expect then just send it back and get your money back in full. I don't see how we could be any more fair....

Cheers
Daron

Quick Reply: TMC Motorsport S4 Tuning Box?