S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

TMC Motorsport S4 Tuning Box?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not about risk and fairness. It's about making money, no one is offering anything out of the goodness of their hearts and taking a loss.

If it does what you advertise, you should be able to easily explain the how and why. APR is very transparent with everything except for the way they flash the ECU, if someone asks something they don't have data on, they go get the data or tell someone how to log it.

From this I see "Trust me, I will refund you if you don't like it." and nothing else. Not a winning attitude from my standpoint.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were CEO of TMC Motorsport, I would offer a free unit to someone here in the States under the condition that they did before/after dyno and before/after 1/4 mile and posted the results on various forums.

If the results were competitive with current offerings and done in a transparent fashion it would introduce the product to a new market for the price of just 1 unit. Seems like a no brainer to me.

That's why I'm the 1%.

Last edited by voltrons_head; 11-09-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TMC Motorsport
Guys we could talk forever about how our dyno works and still have more questions, there is no risk involved to purchasing a unit, it has a 30 day money back guarantee and you have a Paypal guarantee too, you can do all the tests you want on your own local dyno with your local fuel and local temps/air quality and if you don't get the results you expect then just send it back and get your money back in full. I don't see how we could be any more fair....

Cheers
Daron
Isn't it TMC's job to test your product and provide adequate data, and not ours? I don't think anyone here is interested in giving out an interest free loan while they try out an unknown product (well, maybe Voltron ).

Last edited by helix139; 11-09-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by voltrons_head
That's why I'm the 1%.
LOL!! You never run out, Voltron. Keep 'em coming.

Oh yeah, who else on here thinks this TMC product is a crock of s***??
Old 11-09-2011, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TMC Motorsport
There is no risk involved to purchasing a unit...
Daron
True, but there is a substantial $ risk to installing your product unless TMC is willing to reimburse s4 owners for blown engines. I'm not saying it would happen, but any unproven product from an unproven company carries a higher risk of damage than proven products from proven companies.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by voltrons_head
If I were CEO of TMC Motorsport, I would offer a free unit to someone here in the States under the condition that they did before/after dyno and before/after 1/4 mile and posted the results on various forums.

If the results were competitive with current offerings and done in a transparent fashion it would introduce the product to a new market for the price of just 1 unit. Seems like a no brainer to me.

That's why I'm the 1%.
TMC, if you're considering this, I can be your US-California tester I live 10 minutes away from a Non-Dynapack (for those who care) AWD Dyno and about 20 minutes away from the drag strip.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am shocked at the hostility here from one or two people, I only posted here to help with some more info on our products so comments like
Oh yeah, who else on here thinks this TMC product is a crock of s***??
are really pretty rude an unnecessary.

As for giving out a free unit this just can't happen, how do you think that would come across to all of the others who paid out their hard earned cash to buy one, it would be totally unfair and also the comment about blown engines, 99% of tuning companies in the world don't give engine warrantys, only a few of those whose prices you would need a mortgage to pay offer them because they are making ridiculous profit, if you want to pay me over 3000$ for a box I'll give you a full mechanical warranty and even fly over and install it for you personally. Our product sells because it is excellent value for money, is produced in Germany so the quality of engineering is excellent but the price is affordable to everyone. If you Google search TMC Motorsport you will see only good reports and feedback on our products and service to customers.

Everone has a choice and if you choose not to buy our products that's fine but I don't see any need to call them a crock of s**t.

I won't be posting again but anyone genuinely interested is free to email us on info@tmcmotorsport.com and we will be happy to try and answer any questions you have.

Best wishes.
TMC
Old 11-11-2011, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

What are your expectations of State-side market penetration? Do you have any customers in the USA? Do you have an customers who have done this upgrade and run their car in the 1/4 mile? Do you have any customers who have done their own before and after dyno testing?

And don't worry about Clochner. He's a Lakers fan. That should tell you everything you need to know about that guy.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I won't be posting again but anyone genuinely interested is free to email us on info@tmcmotorsport.com and we will be happy to try and answer any questions you have.
Fair enough. The problem is you have everything to prove. There is great opportunity for TMC here, but as others have stated, there is a huge risk involved in strapping some unknown "Tuning Box" to our 60K cars. You can try an convince us otherwise all you want, but the fact of the matter is, until someone from the community validates it and more information is released, it won't sell. Hell, even if you were to give me one for free right now, I would probably leave it in the box until I knew more about it.

As for your excuse for not sending a free unit, I think you are flat out wrong. It would be perceived as a gesture of good faith and only build trust in your brand. The fact that you don't get that worries me. I'm sure APR hooked a few lucky folks up with beta tests, and to me that's awesome.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well turn this around, how would you all react if early in the game APR gave a tune to someone to be an ambassador?

Quick Reply: TMC Motorsport S4 Tuning Box?