S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

TPMS Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TPMS Canada

I posted this in Audizine as well and thought I would try it here.

I have a 2010 S4 and recently had it in for its first service. I enquired about the TPMS as I noticed my car didn't have it. I was told my car doesn't have it nor could I vagcom to activate it. I heard from others that the TPMS was there it just had to be activated as TPMS not mandatory in Canada yet. This is standard in all US cars buy apparently not in Canada. Has any other Canadian been able to activate the TPMS with vagcom or is the dealer f$)king with me?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope someone else answers this properly. Before my car got here my SA told me it had it and explained how it worked. So I didn't need to buy anything for my winter setup. A few weeks ago I sent him a somewhat nasty email (he deserves it ) when I realized that one of my tires was running low and assuming I was covered I wasn't checking pressures. He then said that they were assuming that the car had it but it didn't. Since he has repeatedly showcased his lack of knowledge on the products he sells I contacted the service department. They got back to me saying it must have been missed during the pre-delivery work and to bring the car in. Since they couldn't get me a proper time or a loaner vehicle I had decided to wait until my first scheduled service appointment. So a sort of long winded response with no answer but am hoping that it can be activated. God knows we paid for it. I'm tempted to tell them to change out the the water pump as well when I get it in.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mitche2010s4
I hope someone else answers this properly. Before my car got here my SA told me it had it and explained how it worked. So I didn't need to buy anything for my winter setup. A few weeks ago I sent him a somewhat nasty email (he deserves it ) when I realized that one of my tires was running low and assuming I was covered I wasn't checking pressures. He then said that they were assuming that the car had it but it didn't. Since he has repeatedly showcased his lack of knowledge on the products he sells I contacted the service department. They got back to me saying it must have been missed during the pre-delivery work and to bring the car in. Since they couldn't get me a proper time or a loaner vehicle I had decided to wait until my first scheduled service appointment. So a sort of long winded response with no answer but am hoping that it can be activated. God knows we paid for it. I'm tempted to tell them to change out the the water pump as well when I get it in.
I already lost a $400.00 tire. This is how I found out the car had no TPMS. I walked out after breakfast with my buddies to a low tire which I unfortunately drove 3 km on. The tire was ruined. My 2004 G35 for gods sake had this 6 years ago. I was totally shocked to learn no TPMS!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by seinsmeld13
I already lost a $400.00 tire. This is how I found out the car had no TPMS. I walked out after breakfast with my buddies to a low tire which I unfortunately drove 3 km on. The tire was ruined. My 2004 G35 for gods sake had this 6 years ago. I was totally shocked to learn no TPMS!
It should be a simple vag mod for your car - it worked for mine. Your ABS unit has to be coded 1AT (1AS apparently won't work).

Here's a link or for vag details check the A4 Wiki:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...4-s&highlight=
Old 04-19-2010, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sworksone
It should be a simple vag mod for your car - it worked for mine. Your ABS unit has to be coded 1AT (1AS apparently won't work).

I checked 1AT. I therefore need to find a vagcom tool to get her done even though my dealer said nothing could be done. I would love to prove them wrong.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Found a local guy with vagcom going to meet iwith him soon to do a few things. Can't wait to go to the dealer and show them the active tpms that they said couldn't be done!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sworksone

Could you let us know your ABS part & Component number from your Vag San? I have the following on my S4 but I thinking only certain versions may work.

Part: 8KO 907 379 AL
Component: ESP8 quatro H04 0080
Old 05-29-2010, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by eh-4Q1.8
Could you let us know your ABS part & Component number from your Vag San? I have the following on my S4 but I thinking only certain versions may work.

Part: 8KO 907 379 AL
Component: ESP8 quatro H04 0080
Here you go:

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels: 8K0-907-379.clb
Part No SW: 8K0 907 379 CA HW: 8K0 907 379 CA
Component: ESP8 quattro H04 0010