S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

In-transit: tracking your S4 from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you find your car?

This is the Emden Port. Zoom in and check out all the car! Oddly, I don't see any ships.

Emden Port
Old 09-16-2011, 06:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My SA told me my car was loaded on the boat on September 14/15. Based on the instructions in this thread (VW logistics pdf), it should have been on Grand Cosmo to arrive in Brunswick, GA from Emden. However, I see it started from Emden and is now anchored at BREMERHAVEN, which is East of Emden. Am I doing something wrong in tracking or is the information delayed?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ichy076
My dealer's telling me that my car will arrive at the dealer at the end of Sep. or early October. Why is your arriving on October 17? Seems late.
From looking at everyone elses order schedules.... It usually takes about 2 weeks for the boat to arrive. Then its another 1-2 weeks before the dealer gets it (clears customs, gets loaded on a truck, etc.). My SA said the week of 10/17 at the latest, but it should be ready to go the week before.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Emden port is further west a bit, you can see several ro-ro cargo ships docked there and tons of cars in white wrappers.

Originally Posted by Calvin C
This is the Emden Port. Zoom in and check out all the car! Oddly, I don't see any ships.

Emden Port
Old 09-17-2011, 12:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by urojohn
Bought my phantom black at the same dealer. If you don't have a Vagcom let me know and I can do the mods for you if you want
thx urojohn...I bought the VAGCOM before I had the car! just did a few VAGCOM changes for the first time today: lights on chime, winking, default ADS to individual, windows via remote... super easy and very worth it!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone know if the vessel tracking system is shut down over the weekend? I have been tracking the ship my S4 is on (Talia) since it left Emden on September 5th. Over the Atlantic is went off tracking zones until it approached Halifax and arrived there on time on the 14th.

Then it headed to Davisville (due 9/16), and I saw it was travelling fine and then disapeared! I realize there is a gap in zones in that region but now it is Sunday the 18th and wondering if maybe they don't ping and report on the weekend. Or is there a storm up there they are staying away from?

Is this normal?
Old 09-18-2011, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by StevehamS4
Does anyone know if the vessel tracking system is shut down over the weekend? I have been tracking the ship my S4 is on (Talia) since it left Emden on September 5th. Over the Atlantic is went off tracking zones until it approached Halifax and arrived there on time on the 14th.

Then it headed to Davisville (due 9/16), and I saw it was travelling fine and then disapeared! I realize there is a gap in zones in that region but now it is Sunday the 18th and wondering if maybe they don't ping and report on the weekend. Or is there a storm up there they are staying away from?

Is this normal?
glad to hear your car is on the way! I don't think the site or tracking goes down on weekends. as you mentioned tho, it "disappears" from time to time. you can try looking up the port arrival schedule by searching online and cross referencing what you know about the ship. for the Houston port, I searched for "port of houston arrivals" and took me to schedule.

I'd recommend signing up for vessel tracker so u get email updates for when it leaves/returns to range or reaches port.

good luck!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Pworld
this might help you time things out if you have not seen it. http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf
For some reason, the schedule has the October schedules. Can anyone find when the Mediterranean Highway i scheduled to dock in Houston in September?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For some reason, the schedule has the October schedules. Can anyone find when the Mediterranean Highway i scheduled to dock in Houston in September?
For Sept schedules and Houston i have Nippon highway on the 12th and olympian highway on the 19th of this month.
I do not see a Mediterranean Highway on the schedule at all. Maybe this snapshot i have is missing some ships. This is everything leaving VW from Aug 11th until September 5th. I grabbed it from the site, before they changed schedules for sept/october ship departures.

I attached it for you to check out.
Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2011, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It left 9/13 and is scheduled in Houston on 9/30. Mine should be on it.

Quick Reply: In-transit: tracking your S4 from Germany