S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

In-transit: tracking your S4 from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Logistics Help

My car was Ship Loaded on the 16th of Sep.

All the VW logistics charts I see are for Late Sep or October.

Can someone tell me what the most likely ship my car is aboard? It will be coming in to San Diego.

Thanks!!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Calvin C
My car was Ship Loaded on the 16th of Sep.

All the VW logistics charts I see are for Late Sep or October.

Can someone tell me what the most likely ship my car is aboard? It will be coming in to San Diego.

Thanks!!!!!
I don't see a ship that was loaded on 9/16. I think it was loaded on 9/24 on the Harmony Leader and will be in San Diego on 10/20. That is based on my limited knowledge.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sducotey
I don't see a ship that was loaded on 9/16. I think it was loaded on 9/24 on the Harmony Leader and will be in San Diego on 10/20. That is based on my limited knowledge.
unfortunately, that pdf changes often so it's hard to figure it out after it has been updated...

i checked marine traffic's history on the port in Emden, but it only goes back to ~9/25 because it gets so many ships thru there.

your SA should be able to give you an ETA for the ships arrival in port. from there, you can leverage marine traffic or check out the port of san diego arrivals here: http://www.sdmis.org/schedule.

good luck!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dreaddontdie
unfortunately, that pdf changes often so it's hard to figure it out after it has been updated...

i checked marine traffic's history on the port in Emden, but it only goes back to ~9/25 because it gets so many ships thru there.

your SA should be able to give you an ETA for the ships arrival in port. from there, you can leverage marine traffic or check out the port of san diego arrivals here: http://www.sdmis.org/schedule.

good luck!
Harmony Leader was last seen 20 hrs ago and last port was Brugge. It's headed for Panama with an ETA of 10/9, so it could be going to San Diego for around 9/20.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tsheldrake
Harmony Leader was last seen 20 hrs ago and last port was Brugge. It's headed for Panama with an ETA of 10/9, so it could be going to San Diego for around 9/20.
That's my hope anyway. I have been trying to track the ship but according to digitalseas.com, it was due on to Panama tonight, but hasn't "checked in" for 12 days.

I'm sure things will be on schedule. I think that from the time it arrives in port until the time it hits the road on the truck will be the biggest variable.

Anyone ever get a pic of their vehicle being off-loaded at the dealer....just kidding.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

does anyone know when the VIN # is issued ? i read an earlier post that said it was issued during the in transit step of the order process, but not sure if that is before the ship sets sail. i see that the Nippon Highway docked in Brunswick GA. earlier this morning. sure hope my new S5 is on that one.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DFlyone
does anyone know when the VIN # is issued ? i read an earlier post that said it was issued during the in transit step of the order process, but not sure if that is before the ship sets sail. i see that the Nippon Highway docked in Brunswick GA. earlier this morning. sure hope my new S5 is on that one.
VIN should be available after the car is built, before it gets loaded on the ship. i got it around the same time it was scheduled to be loaded on the boat (i emailed my SA and asked him to send it to me) and i had it insured before i even picked it up at the dealer. good luck!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Tracking Q5

Help needed!
I am awaiting delivery of a Q5 in the midwest.
I have been provided the Commnumication # & Vin #.
Status (last week) shows "Intransit From Factory"
Dealer has NOT provided the name of the Vessel nor Port of departure, although requested.
Info I have,as follows:
Departed Port on Oct 26, 2011
Off loading (delivery) Port is Houston
Anticipated Port arrival date is Nov 17 (or week of)
I have tried to piece in this info into different sites, as suggested, to no avail.
Any suggestions, are greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like accurate numbers. Dealer will not always go to the trouble to find the ship name for you, but it's about 11 days from Germany to Houston, as they typically stop first either in Halifax, Canada, or Davisville, RI to decar for east coast deliveries before Houston. Couple this with a day or so to offload and clear customs, then get put on either rail car or truck, and the 17th is very realistic, though likely a little later than it will actually show up.

Quick Reply: In-transit: tracking your S4 from Germany