S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Uh-Oh APR exhaust came today damaged from ECS Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Mr. 147 posts. There's the right way to vent, and the wrong way to vent. Blindly blaming people and posting on a forum a warning for all to not do business with the company because something arrived damaged WITHOUT giving those companies a chance to fix the issue is generally frowned upon. You are a n00b so you might not be familiar with what things not to do on forums, but that's one of them.

Originally Posted by Proogz
Calm yourself

The OP venting a bit of stress and irritation does not mean you reply with a post that serves no purpose to what is being talked about.

Only does nothing but discredit you
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
I just got my APR exhaust delivered today and upon standard procedure of checking an (expensive) item like this, all the components including all the pipes,mufflers and amount of hardware seemed ok until I pulled out the X-pipe assembly carefully from the box.This nasty dent on the side of the resonator pipe pisses me off and I will be contacting ECS Tuning regarding a return of this part of the exhaust.
Also,the hardware bag was falling apart and spilling bolts,nuts and washers when I went to take it out the box.Unacceptable and unprofessional and questions whether I will order anything from them again as this is a warning for all who order ANY exhaust from ANYBODY-CHECK EVERYTHING!!.
Firstly, I apologize for the disappointment you must have suffered to open up the box of a highly anticipated and top of the line exhaust system to find that it has been damaged in shipping.

The system was sent from our location to ECS and then reshipped to you.

I assume the damage didn't occur when it left our facility as there would surely be an indication of a mishap present in some sort of damage to the external packaging that ECS would have noticed.

That being said, I imagine ECS will need to know if the box has visible signs of damage so they can initiate a claim with their shipper.

From there, the process should be painless and cost free for you. Please alert ECS to the issue, they will order up a new one from us, I'll work to expedite the order and we will have a brand new system to you in short order. You might want to mention to ECS that you would like this one drop shipped directly to you so we can save a few days transit time.

ECS is then left to handle the claim with their shipper and might need some follow up info from you. Typically, the shipper will come out to wherever the package was delivered, inspect the package and pick it up. The shipper will reimburse ECS the cost of the product and all is square.

Unfortunately, you will suffer another short period of time before you have your exhaust but all in all, this was an unintentional mistake seemingly on behalf of the shipping company that originated through ECS.

ECS is a stand up company and I am sure they will take this seriously and get the ball in motion just as soon as they are alerted.

I understand this can be a hassle for you and again, I sincerely apologize that this happened and both APR and ECS will do everything we can to get a new system to you as soon as possible.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasTT
Is this the first time you got something damaged in the mail?
What is that suppossed to mean??and no it isnt
Old 08-10-2010, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Keith,I already contacted ECS Tuning and they are very professional about it.
I sent them a bunch of photos of the package which clearly shows it beat up,dirty and even a hole with tape over it!.
They just want to know who to bill once said and done and that they understand how I feel.
They said they will ship a good X-pipe assembly as soon as possible once everything is squared away which I hope is sooner rather than later.
I'm really want to put this system on my car as it's one of the best sounding systems on the market and will make an already great car even better.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zerinS4
Ok Mr. 147 posts. There's the right way to vent, and the wrong way to vent. Blindly blaming people and posting on a forum a warning for all to not do business with the company because something arrived damaged WITHOUT giving those companies a chance to fix the issue is generally frowned upon. You are a n00b so you might not be familiar with what things not to do on forums, but that's one of them.
Wow, I wasn't aware that your high post count could automatically validate such an immature tirade. "n00b"? I'm sorry, but are you 12? Here I was thinking AudiWorld's members had some sense.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Because clearly this is ECS Tuning's fault. </sarcasm>

**** happens. ECS/APR will take care of it. No reason to post kneejerk warnings like this that only serve to discredit you. Unacceptable and Unprofessional? The only thing unprofessional is running in here and posting this without giving the vendors a chance to fix the issue.

Poor, poor form.
Whatever you say buddy,let's see how you feel when your spending 2K on an highly anticipated system and then find it's damaged on delivery.Oh BTW I am resolving this because (someone) screwed up but don't know who exactly and wasn't a "kneejerk" reaction like you claim.Your understanding of my situation is really beyond me
Old 08-10-2010, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for dropping by Keith, I knew this would be handled quickly and turn out well
Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there, done that. And with items of much higher dollar amounts. Picked up the phone, called the vendor and they took care of it. Imagine that. People screw up, we're human. The judge of character is what said person or company does to fix it. Based on Keith's post, they are MORE than willing to work with you and ECS Tuning to resolve it. THAT is the trait of a GREAT company.

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
Whatever you say buddy,let's see how you feel when your spending 2K on an highly anticipated system and then find it's damaged on delivery.Oh BTW I am resolving this because (someone) screwed up but don't know who exactly and wasn't a "kneejerk" reaction like you claim.Your understanding of my situation is really beyond me
Old 08-10-2010, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Because clearly this is ECS Tuning's fault. </sarcasm>

**** happens. ECS/APR will take care of it. No reason to post kneejerk warnings like this that only serve to discredit you. Unacceptable and Unprofessional? The only thing unprofessional is running in here and posting this without giving the vendors a chance to fix the issue.

Poor, poor form.
Totally agree with Zerin here.
First off the OP comes onto the internet and discredits a retailer even though it might not have been there fault. If this is your own company you would be pissed that some individual who hasn't even called the company to see what happened has gone on the forums and start badmouthing them. That is just bad etiquette. Most damaged goods happen in transit so it is obvious that the OP should have thought about that first before slamming a company.
People who slam zerin4 for this post must be of the same type who yell wolf the very first chance they get.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Chris will defiantly take of this, ECS runs a top notch business and will make things right

Quick Reply: Uh-Oh APR exhaust came today damaged from ECS Tuning!