S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Uh-Oh APR exhaust came today damaged from ECS Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't understand what it means then it probably means nothing to you and you must be handling it the right way.

Good luck, seems like problem solved anyways.

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
What is that suppossed to mean??and no it isnt
Old 08-10-2010, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by riegerman
Totally agree with Zerin here.
First off the OP comes onto the internet and discredits a retailer even though it might not have been there fault. If this is your own company you would be pissed that some individual who hasn't even called the company to see what happened has gone on the forums and start badmouthing them. That is just bad etiquette. Most damaged goods happen in transit so it is obvious that the OP should have thought about that first before slamming a company.
People who slam zerin4 for this post must be of the same type who yell wolf the very first chance they get.
Um,maybe you didn't see or understand that I'm not blaming ECS fully but that they sold the item and should have been checked it prior to shipment.Going by the condition of the package(box for you)I suspect APR might have had a damaged unit and wasn't aware of it OR UPS was sloppy with shipment.And BTW Einstein,I would understand if I had my own shipping company in which somebody who paid a lot of money for a hot item,eagerly awaiting it and then came damaged-I would be sympathetic just like APR and ECS Tuning is as I sell/sold tens of dozens of automotive items on Ebay and had to return a few items due to various reasons.Next time you read a forum post,you should read it a little closer before you judge somebody.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Um,maybe you didn't see or understand that I'm not blaming ECS fully but that they sold the item and should have been checked it prior to shipment.Going by the condition of the package(box for you)I suspect APR might have had a damaged unit and wasn't aware of it OR UPS was sloppy with shipment.And BTW Einstein,I would understand if I had my own shipping company in which somebody who paid a lot of money for a hot item,eagerly awaiting it and then came damaged-I would be sympathetic just like APR and ECS Tuning is as I sell/sold tens of dozens of automotive items on Ebay and had to return a few items due to various reasons.Next time you read a forum post,you should read it a little closer before you judge somebody.
Wow you must be the smartest one here if you can tell the PACKAGE if it was damaged prior to shipment. You said it yourself "I suspect APR might have had a damaged unit and wasn't aware of it OR UPS WAS SLOPPY WITH THE SHIPMENT" yet in your original post you blamed ECS. Fact of the matter is you came on the internet without complete details and just blamed ECS.END OF STORY. Reading it more carefully made me realize your own words did you in buddy. Suck it up and be a man and apologize to ECS for being a jerk.

Last edited by riegerman; 08-10-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by riegerman
Wow you must be the smartest one here if you can tell the PACKAGE if it was damaged prior to shipment. You said it yourself "I suspect APR might have had a damaged unit and wasn't aware of it OR UPS WAS SLOPPY WITH THE SHIPMENT" yet in your original post you blamed ECS. Fact of the matter is you came on the internet without complete details and just blamed ECS.END OF STORY. Reading it more carefully made me realize your own words did you in buddy. Suck it up and be a man and apologize to ECS for being a jerk.
"Suck it up" "be a man" and I apologize for possibly something that MIGHT have been their fault-are you serious champ?, your more backwards than I thought and yet you still don't get that I never blamed ECS Tuning entirely but that WHOEVER damaged the package is unprofessional but was stating that it came from them in which that is who I bought it from and that their responsible for it-GET IT-that's what I was trying to say.BTW the only jerk here is the chump who quickly passes judgment on people and couldn't see that I wasn't fully blaming ECS Tuning but was disappointed in them.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

BTW the only jerk here is the chump who quickly passes judgment on people and couldn't see that I wasn't fully blaming ECS Tuning but was disappointed in them.
You mean like potentially running to the PC, posting pics and laying (even partial) blame on a company who likely had no control over knowing the damage had even happened before you even called to talk to them? Potentiall damaging their image on this forum in the process?

That kind of quick passing of judgement, or another kind?

I think we understand you were upset and acted rashly, at least I hope you see that you did that, but even now saying that something damaged in transit by the shipping company might somehow partly be on ECS is unwarranted.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

BS, lies, stupidity and venom.
Arrogance and ignorance, the unbeatable combination.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
You mean like potentially running to the PC, posting pics and laying (even partial) blame on a company who likely had no control over knowing the damage had even happened before you even called to talk to them? Potentiall damaging their image on this forum in the process?

That kind of quick passing of judgement, or another kind?

I think we understand you were upset and acted rashly, at least I hope you see that you did that, but even now saying that something damaged in transit by the shipping company might somehow partly be on ECS is unwarranted.
You mean to tell me that a large company such as this doesn't have no control of knowing ANY damage of a big,heavy package as this that they ordered from APR after I placed my order from them and that their is no inspection at all before sending it out to UPS-I don't buy that okay I wasn't born yesterday.Your telling me that they did not see at all the dirt all over the box,the hole in box that was taped over,all the little rips and tears on the box after they get it from APR or according to your response,UPS totally destroyed the package in the not so long distance from Ohio to NY-possible but unlikely.You seem to like your exhaust a lot no,you put up vids and threads about it all the time-wouldn't you be pissed that you paid 2K ,it came damaged,couldn't install it and now have to wait until who knows how long until they get everything squared away and send the good piece to me.And BTW,I forgot to mention that I did call them first at around 5p.m. the day I got it but the return dept was closed early even though they were suppossed to be their for 5.30p.m.-this did not help matters.I mean if I called UPS about what happened they would say contact who you bought it from,if I contacted APR about this they would say contact the seller since they are responsible,right?
Was I trying to hurt ECS image?-NO Was I let down and angry for what happened-YES Will I do business again with them-maybe,we'll see with the out come of this.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

how do you partially blame them for the damage if it is possible and most likely it was damaged while in the shipping process? It's like me saying you are a partial jerk. Doesn't make sense. You made a kneejerk reaction and blamed ECS without getting al the information and contacting the retailer to get details. Simple as that. You can say whatever you want but it is obvious to me and other people on this forum.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

No, what I am saying is that you mean to tell me that there was NO way the damage happened after ECS shipped it and before you got it?

What is more reasonable to believe:

1) Damage happened after ECS let it go, and they had no way to know it happened.

2) They sent you something the knew was likely damaged and don't give 2 craps about their image, clientele or the future of their company.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
No, what I am saying is that you mean to tell me that there was NO way the damage happened after ECS shipped it and before you got it?

What is more reasonable to believe:

1) Damage happened after ECS let it go, and they had no way to know it happened.

2) They sent you something the knew was likely damaged and don't give 2 craps about their image, clientele or the future of their company.
Never said no way,just possible but unlikely. If I showed you the photos of the box that it came it,you and a couple of others who responded to my thread might think differently about this.Think about it,on a one way trip from Ohio to NY,this box was dirty all over,has a cleared taped hole over a pretty large hole on box,box was literally falling apart with tears and rips in the box-interesting indeed.As far as 2) don't be naive,companies can and will be sloppy and lax(think certain banks with housing market crisis),never said they ever shady(Enron,Worldcom).Name:  DSCF0846.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  52.6 KB
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Uh-Oh APR exhaust came today damaged from ECS Tuning!