S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Unexpected features you're discovered during ownership

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McGriddle
I think you only get a color DIS when you have Nav.

Also, isn't Hill Assist standard? Maybe it's only on the S-Tronic...
My base model MY2012 has a color screen,i see at least 5 colors with very high rez, working on an Xcarlink Xoom TV/music/Netflix/Google-Navi/Backup/Torque install very soon.

Hill Assist in uber-cool, no more grinding away at the clutch at red lights.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default What they don't tell you

Originally Posted by MalSer
This is probably a rather silly thread but I'm curious what features you've discovered after owning an S4 for a while that you didn't expect. After looking at the dash for a while and finally reading the owners manualy this week I found out that we have rear fog lights. Oddly, Saturday was strangely foggy in Houston on Saturday so I actually used them. No clue if it helped but it's cool to know they're there if needed. I've started turning them on when backing out of my garage at night and there is a notable difference in the illumination through the back up camera. Rear fog lamps (WTF)? How cool is that!
But what it doesn’t tell you in the owner's manual is that if your headlights are in the auto position but not on, it also turns on the headlights, regular tail lights and marker lights in addition to the rear fog lights. I just discovered the rear fog light thing yesterday by accident. It was gray and overcast and raining but not dark enough to turn on my headlights. Of course the LED daytime running lights are on in front but there are no tail lights. So I decided to turn on the rear fog lights and the headlights came on. It’s actually a nice feature because you can leave the main headlight switch in the auto position and when you turn off the car all the lights turn off, and they don’t turn back on when you start it up again (unless it’s dark enough for the auto headlights to function).
Old 02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

How did they say we can recharge the battery? Just insert it in the key fob? Thanks!

Originally Posted by WoodyV
In one forum I read that they can be recharged but at least in my 2010 they definitely cannot - you need a new battery. Mine lasted almost 2 years.