S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Used 2010 S4 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used 2010 S4 pricing

Hi guys - I'm looking to get a used 2010 S4 and found two on Carmax's website. Do you suggest buying from them?

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/search-re...epage:homepage

Why are those prices so low?

Also, I really want B&O, but is the sports differential pkg a must? What are the benefits?

Thank you!!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

$44k & $46k for a used 2010 S4 seems like a normal price to me. A brand new 2011 starts at just couple thousand more.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

okay thank you. What do you think about the sport diff pkg?
Old 07-24-2010, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gehmjc21
Hi guys - I'm looking to get a used 2010 S4 and found two on Carmax's website. Do you suggest buying from them?
Yes, but does that black one have sport diff? How can you tell? Also, I see you use to have an E92? Not getting a new one?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Loved the E92 but can't drive it in the winter. I need awd and the xdrive doest match up to the quattro from what I hear.

I'm asking the dealer if it has sport diff pkg. I would want that as well as navigation and B&O
Old 07-24-2010, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I looked at a couple of used S4's at Carmax and even had one transferred to Vegas to get a closer look at it. They just felt a little more "used" than the equivalent pre-owned models at the Audi dealerships and obviously couldn't be CPO'ed. I ended up buying new because, with hard bargaining, not a huge price difference on a 2010...

John
Old 07-26-2010, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

The car does NOT have sport diff. There would be a selector on the console on the left right above the temp control that says comfort/auto/dynamic/indivdual. This selector exists for both the ADS and ADS "lite" (just sport diff, doesn't have adjustable suspension, but you can adjust steering and transmission via this selector).

As for navigation, I believe it does otherwise it wouldn't have the multi-color screen in the middle of the gauge cluster. I think the MMI selector would also be on the console and not below the gear shift.

My two cents from doing my own research. I might be wrong about some of these things, but feel pretty confident I'm right
Old 07-26-2010, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssaa77
The car does NOT have sport diff. There would be a selector on the console on the left right above the temp control that says comfort/auto/dynamic/indivdual. This selector exists for both the ADS and ADS "lite" (just sport diff, doesn't have adjustable suspension, but you can adjust steering and transmission via this selector).

As for navigation, I believe it does otherwise it wouldn't have the multi-color screen in the middle of the gauge cluster. I think the MMI selector would also be on the console and not below the gear shift.

My two cents from doing my own research. I might be wrong about some of these things, but feel pretty confident I'm right
You sir, are correct! Kudos for researching.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've been looking around at pre-owned S4s and the numbers just don't add up to me. On AutoTrader for example most of the pre-owned are right around MSRP of a new model, maybe $1-2k off. I suppose the 6 year 100k mile warranty and the cost of certifying the car make up that gap.

I get the supplier price (MSRP - %6) which also makes a big difference, in many cases I'd pay more to buy pre-owned.

I just don't see the point of spending $50k on a car with 5-10k miles on it when I could get exactly what I want and be the first person to drive it off the lot for almost the same price. Just my $.02

P.S. I've never read a review or forum thread that didn't indicate the sport rear diff is an absolute must.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by enloew
I've been looking around at pre-owned S4s and the numbers just don't add up to me. On AutoTrader for example most of the pre-owned are right around MSRP of a new model, maybe $1-2k off. I suppose the 6 year 100k mile warranty and the cost of certifying the car make up that gap.

I just don't see the point of spending $50k on a car with 5-10k miles on it when I could get exactly what I want and be the first person to drive it off the lot for almost the same price. Just my $.02
Amen to that. This tells you one of the following:

1) S4's don't depreciate so 2011's must be a steal
2) Dealers tend to ask too much for used S4's and like to have them on floorplan
3) Dealers would rather sell you a new one

I've looked at a few reasonably priced 2010's (though not quite what I wanted) and they move in a reasonable amount of time.

Quick Reply: Used 2010 S4 pricing