S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

VAG Com Mirror Dipping

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAG Com Mirror Dipping

Is there anyone in the Philly area that has a VAG Com cable that could help me out with getting my right hand mirror to dip in reverse (non smart key). My S4 is a 2011. Worth a case of beer to me. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You shouldn't need VAG for that. Just turn the dial for mirror adjustment to the right and it will dip when reversing.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mirror switch definitely has to be set to the passenger side, but some of us have still had to enable the feature with VAGCOM. I don't know if Audi changed up enabled options during various production runs or if some dealers were making settings afterward on cars they prepared to show.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's the skinny. If you have a Prestige model, you have a different mirror and it should dip in reverse IF you have the mirror setting position is set to the passenger side. It will return to the same position after you go foreward. If you have a Prem + and don't have memory seats you have a different mirror. It can be vagged to dip when car is put in reverse with mirror switch in passenger side. BUT, it may not return to the previously set position when you go foreward. If your mirror is set to the same position as the default return position, you mirror will return to the same position. If not, you will need to re adjust when going foreward. BTW, I vagged my Prem + and it works OK .
Old 07-09-2012, 08:52 AM
riu
AudiWorld Member

I am going to check this when I go in my car. I always leave it in the center because I was under the impression that the center option is the one that heats them. It has that icon. But I will mess with it when I go home from work.

2011 here.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by riu
I am going to check this when I go in my car. I always leave it in the center because I was under the impression that the center option is the one that heats them. It has that icon. But I will mess with it when I go home from work.

2011 here.
I had the same impression as well after reading the owners manual.

I had to use vag-com to enable the mirrors to dip on my 2011 model.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 AM
riu
AudiWorld Member

I have not checked yet. My old Acura TL had this feature and I used to use it but I dont miss it now that i have the backup camera.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thats how it worked on my P+ 2011. About 1 out of every 4-6 times I need to lower the mirror a little bit after it moves back to normal position which is small PITA but well worth having the mirror dip in for parking cause most of the time I parallel park on the street and dont like curbing my tires. I dont leave it in center on heat icon because I dont know if it turns the side mirror heaters on or if its gotta be below a certain temp. I think it turns the heater on and I dont need to use it 24-7 while driving and dont want to break it
Old 07-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm out of Philly a bit near west chester. Let me know if you want to use my VAG for some beer!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:15 AM
riu
AudiWorld Member

lol I forgot to try this. Hope I remember today.

Quick Reply: VAG Com Mirror Dipping