S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

WA Without Front Plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WA Without Front Plate

How many of you drive without the front plate? How much is the ticket if you get caught. Any warning at all? I'm having the dealer doing the front filler right now and was wondering if I should get a lisence plate holder on standby just incase I get unlucky.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

I chose not to get the front plate. This is what I "heard"

- My friend who commutes between Bellevue and Sammamish hasn't had a plate for 5 years. No issues at all. I have a few friends who also live in Eastside who don't have problems for 3 months ~ 2 years.

- There are a lot of cars in my company garage in Bellevue who don't have front plates.

- Someone got tickets while parked in Seattle city street parking.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a fix-it ticket, for something like 85 bucks I think. I ran my 2005 G35 coupe with none for 5.5 years, and have had my 2010 S4 without one for almost 2.5 years with no trouble. Got pulled for speeding once in each car, then never said boo in the G35, the trooper mentioned it to me in the S4, but didn't do anything.

It mainly depends on where you are and where you park. Places like Bellingham REALLY crack down on it to make up budget shortfalls, and you can easily get nailed in places like downtown Seattle if you are street parking as the meter maids have nothing better to do than cite for it.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

That is good to know. Thanks! I'm going to take my chance and see how it goes.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ni4ni
That is good to know. Thanks! I'm going to take my chance and see how it goes.
Yup. I don't run a front plate either (though if I go to downtown Seattle, I will have to park in the garages and not in the street). I've passed by quite a few sheriffs and state patrols (knock on wood). A fellow local B8 S4 was pulled over in Issaquah though for not having a front plate (so definitely has a luck component to it).
Old 03-26-2012, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by PsYkHoTiK
Yup. I don't run a front plate either (though if I go to downtown Seattle, I will have to park in the garages and not in the street). I've passed by quite a few sheriffs and state patrols (knock on wood). A fellow local B8 S4 was pulled over in Issaquah though for not having a front plate (so definitely has a luck component to it).
Prolly was riding dirty

You going on the PT cruise?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Prolly was riding dirty

Haha! I was going to go to the PT cruise but I found out that I'll be heading up to Whistler on Friday (friend booked the hotel for this weekend). lol was kinda hoping that it would get postponed.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Prolly was riding dirty

Dude, you say'n i'm dirty?

When is the PT cruise?

Last edited by WAZZU STU; 03-27-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: for got to ask something
Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by WAZZU STU
Dude, you say'n i'm dirty?

When is the PT cruise?
I was implying the car was and that is why it was pulled - such a shame to have a dirty S4

Cruise is Saturday: http://porttownsendcruise.com/
Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just keep the plate in your glove box and pick up some small suction cups from a craft store, like Hobby Lobby. You can install the plate in the lower left corner inside the windshield in front of the passenger whenver necessary. That appears to meet the law in Texas and I ended up just leaving it there...I don't even notice it anymore. Not a picture perfect solution, but it's cheap and easy.

Quick Reply: WA Without Front Plate