S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Wash & Wax Day, Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wash & Wax Day, Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Review

Finally got a four hour break from the rain today. Decided to wash her, and try out my new trial size jar of Dodo Juice Blue Velvet. I've become a wax junky over the past year, trying out new ones every so often. So far on the S4, I've used Wolfgang's Fuzion. Today I decided to go with a British theme, and tried out the Dodo.

Process-
Foamed the car with a mixture of Meg's Gold Class Shampoo and ONR
Let the foam dwell for a bit as I worked on the wheels (after spraying them down with Amazing Roll Off) - dust just washed away with very little agitating
Then washed car with ONR and two bucket method
Dried with a leaf blower, and blotted with a waffle weave micro fiber

Wax Review -
Their "trial size" jar that comes in a pack with others, is small. Goes on very easy. Dried to a nice haze in under 15 min. Wiped off pretty easy (not as easy as Fuzion, but close).

Unfortunately no sun today, but I took some pics any way. They really don't show off how liquid like the paint looks now. The Blue Velvet is made for darker colored cars, and I have to say, it does look incredible in person. This will be in my arsenal now for the S4 (phantom black).

Pics (pardon a couple BW conversions, but I was experimenting). Took the car to the first tee of the golf course we live on.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice! As an Audi fan and a golf fan...great pics!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:46 PM
awc
AudiWorld Member

Absolutely Stunning, Ashokey.

Is she a phantom or a brilliant? (I think we might have the exact same car)
Old 06-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very nice car
Old 06-14-2010, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looks incredible. I just threw on a coat of Fusion and was very very impressed. I tried PS21 and liked it. But the Fusion is incredible. I'm assuming Fusion has been your #1 in the past...would you switch to Dodo or keep using the Fusion?

I'm very impressed with all the Wolfgang products I've tried so far...if there is something better I'd sure want to know about it! Thanks! :-)
Old 06-14-2010, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Beautiful car. Have you ever used Autoglym HD? If so, how would you say it compares to the Dodo Juice? I would have to say AG HD is my go-to wax at the moment but I've always wanted to try Dodo Juice/Swissvax products.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for all the comments.

I've never used autoglym but from others I've talked to, autoglym HD is one of the best OTC waxes you can get your hands on. Not sure on the ease since I haven't played with it yet.

Fuzion will still be my go to wax, but I have to say the dodo impressed me. We will see how long it lasts compared to fuzion. I do think the blue velvet brought out the metallic nature of the phantom more than the colorless fuzion. I have been skeptical about dodo's branding of certain waxes for certain colors but I may be a believer now. Blue velvet is in their hard category and many top it with a dodo "soft" wax. If I get time this week, I plan on topping it with purple haze. Of course pics to follow.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have always used Pinnacle Souveran wax on my black cars but it is pretty pricey. I ordered both the Dodo Blue Velvet and Purple Haze sampler pack yesterday based on how nice your car looked. My S4 looks just like yours except for the V6T badges and the front license plate holder. Very nice indeed!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NCAudiFan
I have always used Pinnacle Souveran wax on my black cars but it is pretty pricey. I ordered both the Dodo Blue Velvet and Purple Haze sampler pack yesterday based on how nice your car looked. My S4 looks just like yours except for the V6T badges and the front license plate holder. Very nice indeed!
I've used Pinnacle liquid souveran and like the results. With my DA orbital it's easy to do a whole car pretty quickly. Enjoy the dodo. It's pouring here today so I will try to catch some pics of the beading.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

very nice