S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Wax/Polish of Choice??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Klasse AIO should really be used w/ SG for long-lasting results, tho they are not a wax nor a polish per se, more of a cleaner/sealant. I've had good experiences w/ that combo. As for an actual wax, I recommend Collinite 845.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tried Zaino AIO on my S4. Looks good but i can't say how long it is going to last. Had been using Liquid Glass for the past 25 yrs and based on other's recommendations I tried the Zaino. Application technique is definitely different and maybe easier. BUT the protection(especially against bird droppings)you get with LG is going to be hard to beat. Good shine as well.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As others have suggested, I'm a huge fan of Menzerna products. NickS made a Menzerna believer out of me when he detailed a few of my cars over the years and I finally ponied up and bought a Porter-Cable and Menzerna kit from Proper Auto Care. Certainly not a product for novices as someone else mentioned, however the results speak for themself.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you everyone for your help. I'm def going to be taking many of the suggestions here. And I agree that the P21S is fantastic...but doesn't last all that long.

Does anyone have any experience with the Wolfgang products?

Wolfgang Fusion Carnuba Polymer Estate Wax?

Or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant?

I know there is a big difference between the pain sealant and the Carnuba wax... ie...might use the paint sealant before winter gets here as a longer lasting protection over the winter months and the carnuba every couple months between now and then... Anything thoughts on this brand?

Thanks again.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm no expert and I'm not familiar with Wolfgang products but wouldn't you want to go with the sealant and the wax over that? Seal it a couple times a year and wax it after, and between, sealings?

At this point I'm planning to do essentially that with Liquid Glass and Zymol, at least at first to see how it comes out. I bet it will look good.

Last edited by LeadToRome; 05-18-2010 at 04:46 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, seal then wax. In the past I've done Klasse AIO, then Klasse SG, then topped off w/ Colllinite 845. Great, long-lasting results.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had good luck with Adams Polishes. Great line of products for the entire car.

Last edited by jcdb4; 05-18-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55
Thank you everyone for your help. I'm def going to be taking many of the suggestions here. And I agree that the P21S is fantastic...but doesn't last all that long.

Does anyone have any experience with the Wolfgang products?

Wolfgang Fusion Carnuba Polymer Estate Wax?

Or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant?

I know there is a big difference between the pain sealant and the Carnuba wax... ie...might use the paint sealant before winter gets here as a longer lasting protection over the winter months and the carnuba every couple months between now and then... Anything thoughts on this brand?

Thanks again.
I'm a huge Wolfgang fan. I use their sealant and it is very easy to work with. Fusion is my favorite Carnuba. Goes on like butter, comes off just as well. The results are stunning. Seal ever six months or so, wax every sixty days. The issue their is that those numbers are climate dependent (I've heard in the high heat, the nub doesn't last as long, etc.). Here are some pics. Not the best of my examples, but check out the tree reflection outside and inside, the buckets. The real pic for me to post would be the incredible tight water beading I get.

Here is a picture of just sealant (after jewling with Menzerna):

Here is a picture a week later after fusion:
Old 05-18-2010, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Really? No Zaino lovers?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ashokeypokey
I'm a huge Wolfgang fan. I use their sealant and it is very easy to work with. Fusion is my favorite Carnuba. Goes on like butter, comes off just as well. The results are stunning. Seal ever six months or so, wax every sixty days. The issue their is that those numbers are climate dependent (I've heard in the high heat, the nub doesn't last as long, etc.). Here are some pics. Not the best of my examples, but check out the tree reflection outside and inside, the buckets. The real pic for me to post would be the incredible tight water beading I get.

Here is a picture of just sealant (after jewling with Menzerna):

Here is a picture a week later after fusion:
Man...I can't figure out which pic I like better! Both of those look fantastic!!!! Great pics! The depth of the paint is really incredible. Blacks look awesome. Thanks for posting... and thank you for the advice!

Quick Reply: Wax/Polish of Choice??