S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

We finally have an MTM dyno

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mellow_sparky
well that's a big let down - especially if you spent the coin. I find it hard to believe it's installed incorrectly - but I agree with Bruce that the chip could be defective. regardless - it sucks for that guy.

I don't think MTM has ever shown their heads on these forums have they?
Not that I know of. I sent them an e-mail a few months ago and requested that they provide a dyno chart or anything else to back up their claims as they were getting torn to shreds by disbelievers. They never did respond. Count me now in with the disbelievers.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
I disagree again. I think something wrong with the install or setup, expect 50-60 WHP.. When they sort this out you can buy me a beer

By the way, I am not a MTM supporter, only think that until we figure out what caused this, jerking around on one install is premature. MTM has been around a long time and has a very good track record. I will likely run either APR or GIAC (have run both of those before). ASP, EPL, Revo have some good stuff as well.

Bruce
LOL you bring up ASP in a good light? christ you must be a B5 S4er lol

either way, i think theres 40whp in the mtm tune, im also 90% convinced there is. but because this is a piggy back and not a real time tune (ecu), it cant replicate the performance.

i was around with awe during my dynos during my DVAG days (local car club). i know their procedure, and while i cant fault it (and id actually argue that its one of the most realistic you could get), it takes in high levels of heat that a piggy cant compensate for.

hence why im pushing him to do 1/4 runs on his g-tech
Old 06-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tipsyhemi
LOL you bring up ASP in a good light? christ you must be a B5 S4er lol

either way, i think theres 40whp in the mtm tune, im also 90% convinced there is. but because this is a piggy back and not a real time tune (ecu), it cant replicate the performance.

i was around with awe during my dynos during my DVAG days (local car club). i know their procedure, and while i cant fault it (and id actually argue that its one of the most realistic you could get), it takes in high levels of heat that a piggy cant compensate for.

hence why im pushing him to do 1/4 runs on his g-tech
Where do you get 40whp from? this car makes north of roughly 380bhp stock, so to make 430bhp with an exhaust and intake as added bonus, the piggyback need only produce roughly 30 extra bhp to get to their claimed "430bhp", not very impressive..
Old 06-30-2010, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MickeySaleen
this car makes north of roughly 380bhp stock
I keep seeing this claim.....yet I don't recall seeing any real dyno data to back up the claim. Can you please provide some?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by WatchNut
I keep seeing this claim.....yet I don't recall seeing any real dyno data to back up the claim. Can you please provide some?
Look at all the dyno sheets posted of baseline runs for the S4...they are seeing roughly 310-320whp which translates to roughly 380ish chp...

bottom line man, no car on this planet that weighs over 4000lbs with 333chp is going to trap 108 in the 1/4 mile or achieve 60mph in sub 5 seconds...physically impossible
Old 06-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am new to these forums so I dont know where to find the dyno sheets but I have seen them and Im sure most people on this forum have as well...someone will chime in with a link or two im hoping
Old 06-30-2010, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Look at all the dyno sheets posted of baseline runs for the S4...they are seeing roughly 310-320whp which translates to roughly 380ish chp...

bottom line man, no car on this planet that weighs over 4000lbs with 333chp is going to trap 108 in the 1/4 mile or achieve 60mph in sub 5 seconds...physically impossible
I'm waiting for the evidence. I haven't seen these sheeys you claim to have seen. Until then....it's just a baseless claim with no data to back it up.

I'm not sying this car doesn't put out more HP than Audi claims....I'm asking you to back up your claim...since you are the one who put the 380 number out there.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am new to these forums so I dont know where to find the dyno sheets but I have seen them and Im sure most people on this forum have as well...someone will chime in with a link or two im hoping
This thread (from a VERY regular poster here) doesn't seem to back up your assertion:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...highlight=dyno
Old 06-30-2010, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i believe the link to the Audizine thread in the original post above by NWS4Guy showed 312whp stock...did it not?
Old 06-30-2010, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

WatchNut: There are many stock dyno results posted on here showing whp anywhere from about 290-310 with the bell of the curve hovering somewhere over 300. If you accept the multiple of 1.25 x whp = chp (which has substantial backing, certainly no one is arguing for less than 1.2 and some have suggested that 1.28 might be more accurate), then chp= plus/minus 375. As I said these things have been posted a bunch of times, believe it or don't, it makes no difference to me.

A strictly calculated result based on the formula for horsepower consistently gives even higher numbers and is probably even more accurate than dyno data as it has less variables to confuse the results.

Last edited by LeadToRome; 06-30-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Quick Reply: We finally have an MTM dyno