S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

What would you buy for your s4 if you had 5k?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are cool, if you're doing the street thing.

http://www.egarage.com/car-profiles/...with-hre-p40s/
Old 04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom Feeney
Rims etc? Which if anyone has a nice set I'd love to see some pics. I don't really need summer & winter tires since I live in CA.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2825469 these look awesome. Light and with tons of different finishes available.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys.

Wondering if this should have been a "Wish List" post instead? Maybe we should make one???
Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Warranty impact

Originally Posted by zulujams
Agreed with Helix on these:

Alu Kreuz
APR Stage 1

I'd also look to replace:

gray grille with a black one from ECS Tuning (~$550? need license plate holder)
white fog light bulbs to match LED color (~$50?)
19" after-market wheels + new summer tires

I'm at or over the limit there depending on wheels and tires.

Everyone seems to agree that new brakes are needed for tracking.
Guys, it may be common knowledge (that I lack on this one) but what would the APR tuning due to warranty, void it? Also, would the APR pulley upgrade void your manufacturer warranty? May be novice questions but I'm ordering my car in a month and want to understand would be the impact of adding these. Thanks all
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SM82
Guys, it may be common knowledge (that I lack on this one) but what would the APR tuning due to warranty, void it? Also, would the APR pulley upgrade void your manufacturer warranty? May be novice questions but I'm ordering my car in a month and want to understand would be the impact of adding these. Thanks all
As of now, going to the dealership with a tuned ECU will get you a TD1 notation on your car's file. Some have found it very hard to get ANY sort of powertrain work done under warranty with a TD1 designation, including TSBs and known problems.

That said, you can flash back to 100% stock at any APR dealership and that SHOULD save you from a TD1 designation.

The pulley is a different story as the hardware is physically different. If you flash back 100% stock and your dealership doesn't notice the pulley, you may be ok.

In any case, if you tune, don't count on coverage for any sort of catastrophic drivetrain failure. Even flashed back to stock, a physical inspection of your ECU would likely show evidence that it had been opened. For this reason, I always recommend waiting until AT LEAST your 5k service before getting tuned. If you get some sort of lemon it will generally start to show itself by that time. Once you make it past 5k or so and are problem free, your risk of any sort of catastrophic failure drops to near zero.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My problem is not money to spend it's the lack of parts to buy! LOL Come on APR I want the new blower already...
Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Warranty impact

Originally Posted by helix139
As of now, going to the dealership with a tuned ECU will get you a TD1 notation on your car's file. Some have found it very hard to get ANY sort of powertrain work done under warranty with a TD1 designation, including TSBs and known problems.

That said, you can flash back to 100% stock at any APR dealership and that SHOULD save you from a TD1 designation.

The pulley is a different story as the hardware is physically different. If you flash back 100% stock and your dealership doesn't notice the pulley, you may be ok.

In any case, if you tune, don't count on coverage for any sort of catastrophic drivetrain failure. Even flashed back to stock, a physical inspection of your ECU would likely show evidence that it had been opened. For this reason, I always recommend waiting until AT LEAST your 5k service before getting tuned. If you get some sort of lemon it will generally start to show itself by that time. Once you make it past 5k or so and are problem free, your risk of any sort of catastrophic failure drops to near zero.
Helix, that's a lot of help. That's for the input, I'll definitely make sure to wait for the 5k then.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

a lift for your garage
Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default B8 S4 grey front grill

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I just replaced my stock grey S4 grill with the blacked out one & I wanted to know how much my old one is worth since I'd like to sell it.
It's in good shape - no cracks chips etc. has less then 20k on it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by primetime
My problem is not money to spend it's the lack of parts to buy! LOL Come on APR I want the new blower already...
so true!

Quick Reply: What would you buy for your s4 if you had 5k?