S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Wheel scam

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel scam

I am a new member and I just joined today. I have been lurking in this forum and thanks to you guys getting some useful information. I own a 997 C2S with pdk modded, till recently owned a E90 BMW M3 which was my daily driver. My BMW lease is up so I bought a Audi S4.

Coming to the reason for my post, I recently noticed couple of threads from a company called Forged DST. I believe that there was a company with similar name that scammed several forums. Please google other forums like Porsche, MB world, BMW M5 board, Infiniti etc. Every forum has threads about this company which changes names frequently. I am not blaming anybody and since I am a new member I do not expect to be blindly trusted but do your homework, research and keep this forum free from scams.

Thanks

Svenjosh
Old 07-16-2010, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

why do you feel that you need to buy Forged DST wheels? Check VMR, Achtuning, tire rack (represents a number of companies) which have been around for a awhile and have some nice wheels.

Bruce
Old 07-16-2010, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by svenjosh
I am a new member and I just joined today. I have been lurking in this forum and thanks to you guys getting some useful information. I own a 997 C2S with pdk modded, till recently owned a E90 BMW M3 which was my daily driver. My BMW lease is up so I bought a Audi S4.

Coming to the reason for my post, I recently noticed couple of threads from a company called Forged DST. I believe that there was a company with similar name that scammed several forums. Please google other forums like Porsche, MB world, BMW M5 board, Infiniti etc. Every forum has threads about this company which changes names frequently. I am not blaming anybody and since I am a new member I do not expect to be blindly trusted but do your homework, research and keep this forum free from scams.

Thanks

Svenjosh
Nice way to introduce yourself. Great proof you provided to substantiate your claims too.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned

I don't get it...are Bruce and WatchNut calling the OP a liar? If so why?

also, Bruce, when did he say anything about buying those wheels? He's talking about the company being a scam, and suggesting people avoid the company like the plague.

I've never heard of them personally and have no idea what's going on. just seemed like you two guys were reading a different thread than I was.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WatchNut
Nice way to introduce yourself. Great proof you provided to substantiate your claims too.
Wow, Svenjosh's very first post! I'd say he's earned his keep already!

I don't have time to google the other forums, but I trust that WatchNut has - and that's good enough for me!

Thanks for the heads up, Svenjosh!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakimano
At first I thought WatchNut was being sarcastic about this guy's claims, but now I think he's being serious. OK, WatchNut, tell me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

saki. I am not calling anybody a liar. I am just saying, if he is uncomfortable about the company, he should check out some offerings from other people that have a solid track record.

The alternative to this is for him to buy whatever wheels he wants from his OP and post his experiences.

Bruce
Old 07-16-2010, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Bruce,

I am not in the market for wheels currently. I never said that I wanted to purchase anything from this company.

My post is merely to warn others to research Forged DST to make sure they are legit.

Svenjosh
Old 07-16-2010, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by drrick89
At first I thought WatchNut was being sarcastic about this guy's claims, but now I think he's being serious. OK, WatchNut, tell me if I'm wrong.
I was being sarcastic. You were right the first time.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
Did you read my post? Please show me where I canned anyone I liar.

However...I think if someone's going to come on here and make an accusation that another poster's business is a scan (in a first post, no less), then some substantiation of that claim should be provided.

Last edited by WatchNut; 07-16-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: corrected "rear" to "read"

Quick Reply: Wheel scam