S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Who else hates the stock S4 19'' rims?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who else hates the stock S4 19'' rims?

I personally hate them. They look like flowers from far and potato peelers from close. I would love to fit the car with the optional 19'' RS4-ish rims for A4. Of course I can buy a set of cheap knockoff rims, but it seems that OEM wheels are a safer buy as far as quality is concerned. I've found 18'' rims for the winter tires, so that's done. I wonder if the dealer will change rims when my car arrives at the dealership? I'd probably have to pay up the wazoo I bet if I do that.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Muray
I personally hate them. They look like flowers from far and potato peelers from close. I would love to fit the car with the optional 19'' RS4-ish rims for A4. Of course I can buy a set of cheap knockoff rims, but it seems that OEM wheels are a safer buy as far as quality is concerned. I've found 18'' rims for the winter tires, so that's done. I wonder if the dealer will change rims when my car arrives at the dealership? I'd probably have to pay up the wazoo I bet if I do that.
Personally I love them.... they weigh a bit more than I would like but I think they look great and others have said the same..... Your dealer should swap the rims for free if they are a decent dealer as you just dropped 50+K on a car 30 minutes of changing rims is no biggie....
Old 08-01-2010, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

I honestly think that the stock rims are some of the best looking 5 spoke OEM wheels on any car. In my juvenile sense of being individualized, I had to put different wheels on anyway.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I get a lot of compliments on mine. I think Audi does a nice job with there stock sport wheels.
I think they should switch up from car to car though. Q7 for example has 21" for the Prestige Pkg.
which is same style as our S4 19's. Same with A6 sport wheel.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't hate them, but these would have been a better option.
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2010, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I absolutely love them...to the point that I'm having a hard time really finding a wheel that makes the car look significantly better than the stock ones. Even my friends who all have had fairly modified cars over the years have commented on what a good job Audi has done with the stock wheels.

I do like the wheels DrGP has on his S4 now, but after 3 years with those on my TT it's nice to have something different.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the 19" rims on mine and think they are trick and appropriate for this car.A little of a pain to clean but are otherwise cool and slick.You could ask the dealer to swap rims if they are willing to do it but you might have to pay for all new rims which might not seem worth it.You must be getting a prestige S4 as 19's are only available on them.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muray
I don't hate them.....but I don't really like them too much either. I certainly didn't feel they were worth the $1000 extra over the stock 18s. So I got the 18s. I have aftermarket 19s inbound, after which the 18s will be sold.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
I have the 19" rims on mine and think they are trick and appropriate for this car.A little of a pain to clean but are otherwise cool and slick.You could ask the dealer to swap rims if they are willing to do it but you might have to pay for all new rims which might not seem worth it.You must be getting a prestige S4 as 19's are only available on them.
19" wheels are avilable on the Prem+ as well. $900 option.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Didn't like them at all

To the point that I replaced them before I took delivery. First new car that I have ever taken the stock rims off of.

Quick Reply: Who else hates the stock S4 19'' rims?