S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Will you buy an slightly used S4 from Carmax

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Will you buy an slightly used S4 from Carmax

I saw a slightly used S4 at Carmax. Obviously, it's covered by manufactures warranty. Will you buy it at Carmax? If something goes wrong, will the nearest Audi dealer help you?
Old 07-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its still under full Audi warranty. 4 yrs/50K miles. All Audi dealers will honor the warranty. But please consider ordering a new one. Used car prices are currently at a all time high. Depending on the equipment and mileage, you could actually do better buying new. Details would be helpful. You will find the guys on this and other Audi forums(AZ and QW) to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

Last edited by DrGP; 07-22-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ayap
I saw a slightly used S4 at Carmax. Obviously, it's covered by manufactures warranty. Will you buy it at Carmax? If something goes wrong, will the nearest Audi dealer help you?
Warranties are transferable so there's no reason for them to deny a claim as long as have proof that the maintenance up until now was done, preferably at a dealer.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

If it's a 2010, I wouldn't touch it unless the water pump was already replaced and the service history was proper.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Goony
If it's a 2010, I wouldn't touch it unless the water pump was already replaced and the service history was proper.
Who cares about H2O pump, it's under warranty/recall. Get it fixed free as soon as you get it.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

The dealer can look at all the previous warrant repairs in the past, and the car fax should show alot of history if there were any wrecks, if it's clear I'd say go for it
Old 07-21-2011, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I sold my prior car to Carmax since they offered me $5K more than any dealer would for my car. They do a pretty thorough inspection of the car before they agree to buy it. I'm sure its not as thorough as some luxury brand CPO programs, but its definitely more than a regular joe car dealership would undertake.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

IMO buy new. Due to the high used car market prices, it isn't worth the hassle of buying a used car right now. Also if the car has problems it really doesn't matter if the car has warranty if you are always at the dealer repairing the car or troubleshooting the problem and going to find a lemon law lawyer.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You answered your own question it has factory warranty so it can be repaired anywhere in North America. Advantage of buying used at an Audi dealer is a certified car with generally great finance rates. If you are serious about this car jot down the serial # and make your way to your local Audi dealer. Advise them you are thinking about purchasing this car and plan to have your service done there (say that even if it is bull ****). Ask them to print out what they have on their data base. If all checks out mileage servicing etc. I see no reason why you shouldn't buy this car if it is the colour etc. you are looking for. Good luck.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Buying a used car under factory warranty from CarMax is no worse or better than buying used from anybody else. Audi dealers, other line dealers, private individuals - there are good ones and bad ones, so do your research as this thread recommends. As for lemon laws, I believe that most states don't apply them to any used purchase. Good luck

Quick Reply: Will you buy an slightly used S4 from Carmax