S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Without the Advance Keyless Entry ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Without the Advance Keyless Entry ....

I understand that with the advance keyless entry, you can get in and out without removing the key from your pocket. And without it, you have to click a button on your remote to open your car.

My question is (if you don't have this option) - once you are inside the car, do you still have to insert the key in the key-slot before you press the 'start' button? or can you just press 'start' without putting the key inside the key slot, and just put the key in the ashtray holder?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ayap
I understand that with the advance keyless entry, you can get in and out without removing the key from your pocket. And without it, you have to click a button on your remote to open your car.

My question is (if you don't have this option) - once you are inside the car, do you still have to insert the key in the key-slot before you press the 'start' button? or can you just press 'start' without putting the key inside the key slot, and just put the key in the ashtray holder?
I have the advanced keylees entry but from what I remember test driving a S4 that didn't, you have to put the key in the key-slot and then you press the key to start the engine. There is no start button if I remember correctly without advanced key.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

What he said...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AlA4
I have the advanced keylees entry but from what I remember test driving a S4 that didn't, you have to put the key in the key-slot and then you press the key to start the engine. There is no start button if I remember correctly without advanced key.
Greg is right. The "key" is actually just the remote keyfob. I always thought keeping keys in pocket annoying. Better to move that bulge to the dash while driving.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedMagma2011S4
Greg is right. The "key" is actually just the remote keyfob. I always thought keeping keys in pocket annoying. Better to move that bulge to the dash while driving.
Not me - as a fumble fingered disabled guy! After driving the non-Prestige A3 and Q5 loaners for close to 2 months (50 days), I miss my keyless entry/exit & push button start! I can't wait to get my S4 Prestige back from the dealership - hopefully today!!!

Last edited by drrick89; 07-27-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is NO start button if you don't have the advanced key. Put the key in the slot and push the key in farther to start the car. At least that is the way my Prem+ without Nav is.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

No start button w/out advanced key.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ayap

Correct, without advanced key you will need to pull the key out to both get in and start the car. The keyless entry isn't the most appealing part of advanced key, its the fact that you can just sit in the car and press the start button while the key is in your pocket that's cool.

If I had advanced key I would still want to push the lock button on the FOB to be sure my car gets locked while walking away from it.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok, here is a fun question.

Say you have Adv Key, and you have the windows and sunroof programmed to be open with the remote.

Can you open them by just touching the handle longer? like you would with the button on the remote?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pworld
Ok, here is a fun question.

Say you have Adv Key, and you have the windows and sunroof programmed to be open with the remote.

Can you open them by just touching the handle longer? like you would with the button on the remote?
That would be too cool. Someone please tell me this is not possible or else I will cry for not having advanced key...

Quick Reply: Without the Advance Keyless Entry ....