S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Wow - Weathertech Digital-fit Mats? Super Slippery...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As requested - note that these pics are from the passenger side. One thing I noticed is that the clips probably allow some water to leak past so if a lot of snow goes into the tray it's likely some will get to the carpet.
Attached Images   
Old 09-11-2011, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the pics. Definitely going to round some of those up!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Apologies for the newbie question & minor hi-jack but how do those floor mat clips work? I just picked up my car this week and the dealer installed the Audi rubber S4 mats for me. I wanted to remove the mats to trim them but I'm afraid I'm going to break that plastic clip since I don't know how it works.

Thanks...and again sorry for stupid question.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Y'know, I just went out and looked at mine, front and rear (the rears have hardly been used), and htey all have the same pebbled slightly grippy, distinctly NON-slippery surface. I dunno what's going on but are you sure nobody hit yours up with ArmorAll or something? No way would I call these slippery. (Digital fit floorliners here.)
Old 09-11-2011, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waples
Apologies for the newbie question & minor hi-jack but how do those floor mat clips work? I just picked up my car this week and the dealer installed the Audi rubber S4 mats for me. I wanted to remove the mats to trim them but I'm afraid I'm going to break that plastic clip since I don't know how it works.

Thanks...and again sorry for stupid question.
Just pull the mat up from near the clip and the clips will click out of the flooring...
Old 09-11-2011, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
Y'know, I just went out and looked at mine, front and rear (the rears have hardly been used), and htey all have the same pebbled slightly grippy, distinctly NON-slippery surface. I dunno what's going on but are you sure nobody hit yours up with ArmorAll or something? No way would I call these slippery. (Digital fit floorliners here.)
Nope. Note, that with rubber soles, they are not slippery at all (i.e., runners/slipons, etc). With my dress shoes that have leather soles, they slip all over the place.

Mind you, I washed them with some dish soap Friday, so I'll give them a go again on Tuesday (have a golf outing tomorrow so no leather soles!) and see if it's any better.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by IvanS4
As requested - note that these pics are from the passenger side. One thing I noticed is that the clips probably allow some water to leak past so if a lot of snow goes into the tray it's likely some will get to the carpet.
That's a good point, may have to look into whether there is a way to ensure no water gets through. I'd imagine though with any form of clip this could be the case, but with the Digifits in particular I would imagine water pools up.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
No, not slippery when dry. Just wait till they get wet, its like an ice skating rink.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
No, not slippery when dry. Just wait till they get wet, its like an ice skating rink.
Been a while since you've been ice skating?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Ha, did I say something amusing? It's late, what did I miss?

Quick Reply: Wow - Weathertech Digital-fit Mats? Super Slippery...