S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Yes, this again: Which swaybars to get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I still really like the KW and GMG sways combo.Very streetable and not harsh at all. I totally disagree re adding only a rear sway bar. You'll end up with a rear bar that reduces body roll with a front bar (stock) that will allow more body roll - not a good situation. A properly done set will control the roll frt and rear and also reduce understeer. Keeping a car balanced is the key to going fast - mismatched body roll will unbalance the car and that means less control and slower lap times.Got your PM a little bit ago but have just finished a 12 hr day so I posted here.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No worries, that's fine.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m444
Do you have Prestige (that comes with the smaller rear bar) or do you have P+?
Why does the Prestige have a smaller rear sway bar? Makes no sense to me. Curious because my Prestige is on the Atlantic as I write this. Finally!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tutone
Why does the Prestige have a smaller rear sway bar? Makes no sense to me. Curious because my Prestige is on the Atlantic as I write this. Finally!
With ADS adjustable dampers, sways can be softer because stiff setting will reduce body roll. I'd guess that the smaller rear sway only comes with ADS and Prestige without ADS would be set-up same as Premium Plus.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

Yes, the Prestige, with ADS, has a smaller rear sway bar.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Today I went down to GMG and picked up their swaybar set, front and rear. (They ONLY sell it as a set.)

I have the H&R Sport springs (not the OEM and not the Super sport) and have had them on for 8 months or so. They made a massive difference from the stock springs. Highly recommended.

But I did my second track day with the car on Sunday, and while the car aquitted itself well, it was pushing all over the place. Way too much understeer and really difficult to get the *** to hang out and induce throttle-oversteer.

So I decided to go with the GMG bars, rather than the H&R's because only GMG's are adjustible in BOTH the front and the rear (the H&R's are only adjustible in the front. This should give me the ability to dial-in the right set up.

I'll report back as soon as I get them bolted up and get back to the track next month. But I have high hopes.

A note about GMG: Fabryce, one of the co-owners has a B8 S4 and its his daily driver -- as well as test mule. He was good enough to take me for a test drive in his car and show me what his set-up can do. Now this is a shop with some serious projects going on, high dollar, very extensive mods. And I walk in off the street with the intention of maybe spending $500 or so. And he takes the time to talk to me about what he's up to and take me out in his car. That's a class act. I can't speak to how well the swaybars will work because I have not installed them yet. But this is the kind of customer service I just don't see enough of, and they are to be commended, I think.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ocelot
So I decided to go with the GMG bars, rather than the H&R's because only GMG's are adjustible in BOTH the front and the rear (the H&R's are only adjustible in the front. This should give me the ability to dial-in the right set up.

I'll report back as soon as I get them bolted up and get back to the track next month. But I have high hopes.
Hey what percentage rigidness are you going set them at (both front and rear)?