S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

2021 S4 missing felt on back of seat belt clicker

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2021 S4 missing felt on back of seat belt clicker

I know this may seem like a minor issue but I noticed that there is padded felt on the back of the passenger side seat belt clicker, yet the drivers side clicker doesn’t have any. Is this on purpose? Or did they forget to put it on at the factory? I could have sworn my 2018 S4 had it on both. Just curious to see if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2021, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 294 Likes on 237 Posts

Suspect it's just missing - go to a local arts shop and buy a piece of felt to glue into position. It's purpose is to stop any noise from the buckle hitting the centre console.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll take a look at mine and report back, as there have been a number of oddities on my new S4. Odd times. There should be felt on both.

Agree that you can put some store-bought felt on there for now, but your dealer should be able to remedy with OEM.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Smith837
I'll take a look at mine and report back, as there have been a number of oddities on my new S4. Odd times. There should be felt on both.

Agree that you can put some store-bought felt on there for now, but your dealer should be able to remedy with OEM.
Thanks for checking! What oddities have you found on yours? I got some similar thin felt on Amazon and measured and cut it almost exact to the OEM. I wouldn’t even be able to to tell it’s not original if I didn’t do it so I don’t think I’m going to worry about the dealer fixing it but just found it odd since Audi’s are usually on point with quality control for the most part
Old 07-21-2021, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcas367
Thanks for checking! What oddities have you found on yours? I got some similar thin felt on Amazon and measured and cut it almost exact to the OEM. I wouldn’t even be able to to tell it’s not original if I didn’t do it so I don’t think I’m going to worry about the dealer fixing it but just found it odd since Audi’s are usually on point with quality control for the most part
My fuel door isn't flush with the body panel. Also, my front passenger door window has an odd leak in which water gets behind the glass, in between the glass and the rubber window seal. When the car gets wet, water is sucked up from below...maybe the door is holding water, or maybe a seal is compromised. I have posted about these here. Either way, it's odd to have such issues on a new car, or to have multiple issues. There were other nits too, but I think those have more to do with my dealer and how the car was prepped. Still investigating.

Possible that the pandemic and production delays are taking their toll in Ingolstadt. Dunno. Or maybe I've just had better luck with previous Audis.

Haven't forgotten to check my felt. Will follow up soon!

Last edited by Smith837; 07-21-2021 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No felt on my driver’s side seat belt (21 S4), but it’s there on the passenger side. I don’t think it’s something that I would have ever noticed, present or not.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,725 Posts

The 8W used the same buckle for left and right until Nov 23 '20. Then a newer, and much more expensive, version is used for the driver's side buckle. Maybe the updated versions are being made, intentionally or incorrectly, without the padding.
The A version, used on both sides until Nov 23 '20 and on the passenger side afterwards in the US - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...8w0857755amnb/
The E version, used on the driver's side after Nov 23 '20 in the US - no pics found
Old 07-23-2021, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 126 Posts

I took a look at mine -- I have felt on both driver and passenger... (21 S4, finished production 11/9/2020)

Last edited by RickNY; 07-23-2021 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BrentHump
No felt on my driver’s side seat belt (21 S4), but it’s there on the passenger side. I don’t think it’s something that I would have ever noticed, present or not.
Interesting that yours doesn’t have it either. I wouldn’t have noticed either until I dropped my credit card between the seat at the drive thru and noticed when I put my hand behind it
Old 07-24-2021, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SMac770
The 8W used the same buckle for left and right until Nov 23 '20. Then a newer, and much more expensive, version is used for the driver's side buckle. Maybe the updated versions are being made, intentionally or incorrectly, without the padding.
The A version, used on both sides until Nov 23 '20 and on the passenger side afterwards in the US - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...8w0857755amnb/
The E version, used on the driver's side after Nov 23 '20 in the US - no pics found
Definitely seems like it could be something with the new buckle. Wonder if there is a reason for no felt then

Quick Reply: 2021 S4 missing felt on back of seat belt clicker