S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Apple CarPlay Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IDMS4
Same thing here. I have the iPhone X on iOS 11.3 and I now have no more CarPlay issues
I'm not specifically familiar with how Carplay updates, but my knowledge leads me to believe that unless the CAR is getting OTA updates as well (it is not) then the software or Ios Firmware that came with the car, is exactly what is in there today. Until there is an update released from Apple to Audi via OBD/Software update, it will be the same version you got the day you picked up your car.

To date, no update (OTA) from Verizon has solved any of my Car recognition issues, and I'm surprised you other guys have had some kind of luck with yours.

I DO have an early model production car, which might have something to do with that.....but I have no idea how to confirm which version of Carplay my car is running??

Maybe StanJ, can chime in here, and provide some clarity on how our cars GET their updates and what version of Carplay we're running??

gr
Old 04-06-2018, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ordered mine in January, picked it up yesterday. I’m fairly lo tech, but Carplay seems to work fine (so far, knock wood). Used maps, backed up- camera enhaged, toggled to itunes, toggled to maps, etc., iphone 7+, latest available update.
If thats any help.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eli McCraig
Ordered mine in January, picked it up yesterday. I’m fairly lo tech, but Carplay seems to work fine (so far, knock wood). Used maps, backed up- camera enhaged, toggled to itunes, toggled to maps, etc., iphone 7+, latest available update.
If thats any help.
kind of OT here but I was just wondering, you ordered your car in January and already received it?
I ordered mine on feb 1st and it’s not expected for another 5 weeks. Yours seemed to come fast, congrats
Old 04-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eli McCraig
If thats any help.
Took delivery of my car in January and haven’t had any significant issues. Using iPhone X with a brand new Amazon Basics cable.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what it’s worth 11.3 “seems” to have fixed things a bit. When the sensors go on the behavior where the CarPlay icon wouldn’t respond did not occur last time I was paying attention. No other changes to system.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same here. Apple update seems to have fixed the problem

Originally Posted by Ted Dziekanowski
For what it’s worth 11.3 “seems” to have fixed things a bit. When the sensors go on the behavior where the CarPlay icon wouldn’t respond did not occur last time I was paying attention. No other changes to system.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just took 11.3 yesterday.

I'll test it out and report back.

***UPDATE***

All my bugs seem to be fixed, particularly seemless transition from ignition of/on cycling with Phone still plugged into USB.

Fingers crossed!

gr

Last edited by ghostrider990; 04-12-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

is there an android auto thread like this?
Old 04-13-2018, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sforfun

kind of OT here but I was just wondering, you ordered your car in January and already received it?
I ordered mine on feb 1st and it’s not expected for another 5 weeks. Yours seemed to come fast, congrats
I actually ordered in late December 2017. But it did seem to take less time than I thought.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by PGrefal
is there an android auto thread like this?
I haven't seen one but you could peek over at the A4 or A5/S5/RS5 forums which both seem to have a little more activity. Q5 probably too. I would certainly like to know if AA is any more reliable.

Quick Reply: Apple CarPlay Issues