S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Auto leveling headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Auto leveling headlights?

May be a silly question.. Are the LED headlights in our B9 cars auto-leveling? I see the headlights do the sweep thing when it’s started, but wasn’t sure if they continually adjust. Thanks
Old 07-10-2018, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 126 Posts

Nevermind.. I see on audiusa.com that they are.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to post-up this morning about my personal (consistent) dissatisfaction with the Factory Aiming of the low beams.

I don't drive out in the country on darker roads very often, but when i do, I notice that i'm out-driving the coverage of my low beams by a relatively large margin.
High beams are fine, but the lows are cut-off way too low to cover enough road out in front of me at speeds over 50 mph. This is a problem on everything but the most desolate roads where oncoming traffic is NOT an issue -- thereby rendering the high beams useless.
I don't have DAP, so no high beam assist either -- not that THAT would correct the issue.....but just in case anyone asks.

I recall that I asked my dealership once about adjusting this, and they said it would require a re-calibration of the aim as well as the LED interface with the onboard computer.

I'm displeased enough, and consistently often enough to get this fixed by my shop next time i'm in for service.

Anybody else have this issue, or get the depth and spread of the low beams adjusted??
Old 07-10-2018, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghostrider990
I was going to post-up this morning about my personal (consistent) dissatisfaction with the Factory Aiming of the low beams.

I don't drive out in the country on darker roads very often, but when i do, I notice that i'm out-driving the coverage of my low beams by a relatively large margin.
High beams are fine, but the lows are cut-off way too low to cover enough road out in front of me at speeds over 50 mph. This is a problem on everything but the most desolate roads where oncoming traffic is NOT an issue -- thereby rendering the high beams useless.
I don't have DAP, so no high beam assist either -- not that THAT would correct the issue.....but just in case anyone asks.

I recall that I asked my dealership once about adjusting this, and they said it would require a re-calibration of the aim as well as the LED interface with the onboard computer.

I'm displeased enough, and consistently often enough to get this fixed by my shop next time i'm in for service.

Anybody else have this issue, or get the depth and spread of the low beams adjusted??
Just adjust the headlight to shine higher? described in this post: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...igher-2937550/