S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Complete guide of speakers in the B9 S4 B&O system

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 284 Likes on 216 Posts

I really hope the ND version of the FaitalPro fits in the door. I can't wait to see your photos.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Worst case I think some mild convincing with a mallet will move the metal out of the way. There is nothing in close proximity right behind that area. I’ll have to see. I’ll be sure to get pics with measurements.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

When you sanded the woofer grill open more how exactly did you go about that?
Old 02-06-2020, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

I took the safety guard off of the top of my belt sander and used that 180 degree surface on the pulley to sand down the grill. You have to go super slow and stop frequently because the plastic melts. Also the plastic spalls off until it starts to melt. When it does it'll roll under the belt. Move around until it's all like that, let it cool a few seconds, and break off the flows and then continue. Takes about 3 hours to get through both. Don't rush or you'll melt the plastic too much and it'll be visible from the outside.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

THEY FIT!!

It’s almost as if they are made for this spot. The first pic is the best I could get of clearance between the magnet and the door. Second pic shows that on ear needs trimmed off. I cut the terminal off each B&O speaker so it would be easier to pull the door cards on and off with the car’s original wiring. I soldered wire onto the terminals and zip tied them to the new speaker. Polarity is the positive speaker wire is the one on the post on the side where the plug goes in. You can see it in the picture.

These are much clearer and you can tell there’s actually sound there now. I didn’t have time to critically listen yet but it’s promising. First one took me maybe an hour. Second one including taking the door card off was 20

Old 02-07-2020, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also while you’re in there, check all those little screws. Only about half were tight on mine.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

That's fantastic news! I'll update the guide
Old 03-01-2020, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone. So I’ve just bought my first Audi!

Its a blue 2017 A4 sedan, 1.4 TFSI and it comes with the 755 watt B&O 18 speaker 3D stereo.

Till now I’ve always been pretty hardcore about my home and car audio.

The current set up in my old car (civic) is as follows:

- Reference Pioneer 400 watt amp for the sub
- 12 inch Infinity Kappa Perfect VQ sub
- 2 Farad Stinger capacitor
- 4 X 125 Audison Quattro amp for speakers
- Front Audison Voce component (mid + tweets)
- Rear Audison Voce coaxial
- All sorts of wiring and insulation

I understand that growing up and turning 40 requires letting go of mad thumping sound, but after years of a lovely SQ oriented setup, I find the B&O completely underwhelming. Plus, the 3D gizmos and what not is just too much processing.

I have two options, please advise.

First, I keep the rest of the stereo as is and just replace the sub.

second, I install my equipment with an Audison Bit 10 DSP for time alignment etc and just use the head unit controls for volume and bass.

Naturally, the second option is what I want. However, I have no clue where the wiring process would start and if an audio swap like this will be damaging for the electrical system of the car.

Does anyone else have experience getting rid of the B&O system for an aftermarket upgrade?

I live in Pakistan and have access to some very good technicians, but I doubt any of them have ever been asked to screw around with a B&O stereo. Parts and connectors can be ordered online.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I’m putting together the stuff to do a full replacement of the BO system also. As far as the wiring I’m going to be cutting the factory wires right at the amp and splicing in there. I’m installing a set of male and female molex conversation between each wire cut so I can easily unplug the addition and put it back the way it was with these connections. You can go the sub route first anyway and easily add the rest later or as I’m doing a sub and stacked pair of DSP (14 channels) for time alignment and eq through stock speakers first and address the individual speakers deficiencies later.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well since I have all the speakers and amps already, I figure that if this Pandora’s box is being opened up, might as well do it in one go.

Quick Reply: Complete guide of speakers in the B9 S4 B&O system