S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Free Silvercar rentals?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Free Silvercar rentals?

6 months into my lease I received my code for a week of free silver car rentals.

I live in NJ and was hoping to find a a5 convertible for rent but no such luck around here just in warmer states.

I did however arrange to rent a Q7 for a week as my wife is interested in that as her next car and it will be nice to try it out for the week.

Anyone else use their free silvercar rentals?
Old 06-29-2021, 08:37 PM
ZF8
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

When I purchased my S4 in 2017, I don't recall getting the free week Silvercar offering. Maybe in the Seattle market it wasn't offered. I did get the 1 day free rental offer however.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Greenberg
Anyone else use their free silvercar rentals?
I forget how I set it up but I didn’t have to wait at all to get the free 7 days of Silvercar. I haven’t used any days yet but perhaps later this summer. The only location in the LA/OC area in SoCal is Fletcher Jones Audi in Orange County. Thankfully it’s not too far from me. I haven’t read the fine print. Is there a daily mileage allowance?
Old 06-30-2021, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only owners who've purchase or lease 2019 or newer vehicles can receive a free week rental from Silvercar. On olderyear cars, we received 1 day free with 2 day rental, or 2 day free with 4 day rental, but Audi discontinued that perk last year.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 213 Likes on 174 Posts

Used my 7 free Silvercar days last March in Colorado. Only car they had left was a 2019 Q5, wanted to rent a Q7. At least I knew how to load all the ski luggage from being the same as my SQ5 on the inside.
Silvercar dropped the car at the airport for me to pick up on the way in. Had to drop the car off at a dealership on the way home and take an Uber to the airport.
Car drove fine even on the way back in snow with all season tires. (Missed by dedicated Snow tires on my SQ5)
The B9 Q5 is way softer than my SQ5 suspension or my 2011 Q5 for that matter.
Silvercar does a great job, with very friendly and helpful associates to explain everything, and the app works pretty good too, definitely use your free days if you can.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I don’t know why I can’t find terms and conditions of car rentals at Silvercar’s website. Namely, I want to know if there’s a daily mileage limit. I might want to rent one for a few days at Audi Exchange in the Chicago area for a college visit road trip and would like to know how many miles per day I can use it for. I assume your own car insurance will cover the rental car snd there’s no need to buy additional coverage, right?

Last edited by Bada Bing; 07-09-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-11-2021, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
I don’t know why I can’t find terms and conditions of car rentals at Silvercar’s website. Namely, I want to know if there’s a daily mileage limit. I might want to rent one for a few days at Audi Exchange in the Chicago area for a college visit road trip and would like to know how many miles per day I can use it for. I assume your own car insurance will cover the rental car snd there’s no need to buy additional coverage, right?
Bought a new SQ5 a few weeks ago and already received my silvercar code for 7 free days. I was planning a trip from florida to south carolina anyway next week so checked into using my days. Was surprised how easy it seemed to be. No mileage limits and was told I could take it anywhere in the states. Wanted a Q7, but only vehicle left for my week was an A4. Might be tight with 4 people and luggage, but hope it works out ok. I was told I had to use my days within the first year. Seemed a no brainer to not have to put 1k miles on my new ride and not worry about any car issues. .
Old 07-12-2021, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by wertz999
Bought a new SQ5 a few weeks ago and already received my silvercar code for 7 free days. I was planning a trip from florida to south carolina anyway next week so checked into using my days. Was surprised how easy it seemed to be. No mileage limits and was told I could take it anywhere in the states. Wanted a Q7, but only vehicle left for my week was an A4. Might be tight with 4 people and luggage, but hope it works out ok. I was told I had to use my days within the first year. Seemed a no brainer to not have to put 1k miles on my new ride and not worry about any car issues.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t aware of the first year time limit. I got my car in March 2021, so I’m good there. I hope to be able to get a Q5 but A4 will do as well.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I just had to reach out to Audi USA to find out why I haven’t yet received my redemption code for this. Did you guys receive this via email or postal Mail? I took delivery of my car on 1/9/21. Already at this point, I have less than 6 months left to take advantage of it.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RickNY
Did you guys receive this via email or postal Mail? I took delivery of my car on 1/9/21. Already at this point, I have less than 6 months left to take advantage of it.
Definitely wasn’t by postal mail. I think once I was able to sign into the MMI as the key user and set up the myAudi app, I got an email that contained instruction for getting a Silvercar redemption code for the 7 days of free rental. I have made a couple of reservations to use some of the days in the next couple of weeks when I take my daughters for a college visit road trip. There are some limitations, like having to return the car to the same Silvercar location, 9-5 PM hours, limited or no weekend pick-up/drop-off, very limited car availability, etc. Actually I’m going to call the Washington DC Silvercar office to find out about some weird stuff when trying to modify my reservation. When I try to modify my reservation to turn the car back in 2 days early, the app says I’ll be charged an extra $469 on top of the nominal $68 fee for 5 days. In fact, I’m not able to modify my reservation at all without incurring a huge fee, even though you are supposedly able to make changes. I may have to cancel the Wahington DC reservation all together if I cannot make changes.

Last edited by Bada Bing; 07-21-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Free Silvercar rentals?