S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

IE stage 2 trans tune issues on '22

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IE stage 2 trans tune issues on '22

I flashed the IE stage 2 trans tune on my '22 after performing the unlock test to make sure car was compatible (it was). Afterwards I had three malfunction dash lights: Lane Assist, Audi Sense, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. After a couple weeks and dozens of key cycles these did not clear and the systems were not working. It was recommended to return the trans to stock tune, which I did, but this did not clear these warnings.

Opened a ticket with IE and after a few emails they said it was just coincidence, these three systems just happened to fail at the same time as when I did the flash so I was on my own to fix the issues. This is a certified 2022 with 9k miles that I just bought and had no issues until I finished the flash. When I started the flash process these systems among many others display malfunction warnings, but the others were cleared properly but these obviously were not. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how was it corrected? I am not happy with IE passing the buck to me, it's virtually implausible that 3 systems happen to go bad at the same time I was flashing the car, and the flash had no connection.
Old 07-10-2024, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Have you tried manually clearing the codes with OBD 11 or similar tool?
The following users liked this post:
DC3P0 (07-11-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NJS5
Have you tried manually clearing the codes with OBD 11 or similar tool?

I didn't. I guess I could try with VCDS. Because they were displaying on dash as system malfunctions. If it were that simple I'm surprised IE didn't tell me to do that, but I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2024, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you only flashed the TCU back to stock? What is the state of the ECU is it also flashed back to stock?
Old 07-12-2024, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Is it possible to flash "back" to OEM with VCDS?

I thought that once a new TCU flash is done, the OEM program is gone, and can only be restored by a factory/dealer flash/program?
Old 07-12-2024, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TT-S4
Is it possible to flash "back" to OEM with VCDS?

I thought that once a new TCU flash is done, the OEM program is gone, and can only be restored by a factory/dealer flash/program?
Not with VCDS. I meant flash back to stock with whatever was used to install the tune in the first place. In this case, IE's app/flashing software
Old 07-14-2024, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DC3P0
Have you only flashed the TCU back to stock? What is the state of the ECU is it also flashed back to stock?
It is still stage 1.

I'll try that.
Old 07-14-2024, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Flashed back the ECU to stock and no change, still get the same malfunction warnings. It seems that the flash is using the incorrect command to clear these particular errors. All of the others that are triggered when the flash begins do clear. I also tried the DTC clear to no avail which I expected.

Last edited by forcefedjunkie; 07-15-2024 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-14-2024, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That's weird. I think you should contact IE again. Post on their FB group or one of the more public B9 groups if you have to in order to get their attention. I agree it's not likely for this issue to just appear magically right after you used their software. They really should be offering you more support IMO
Old 07-15-2024, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DC3P0
That's weird. I think you should contact IE again. Post on their FB group or one of the more public B9 groups if you have to in order to get their attention. I agree it's not likely for this issue to just appear magically right after you used their software. They really should be offering you more support IMO
They have told me that the car is under warranty and this is what the warranty is for. I am going to take it in and see what they say but the earliest I could get was August 1 so it's going to be a couple weeks for resolution. I just hope that if the dealer snoops around and determines it was from the flash that IE steps up.

Quick Reply: IE stage 2 trans tune issues on '22