S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Wrap Question and New S4 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrap Question and New S4 Owner

Greetings from Miami!

Back to Audi after about 8 years in BMW (my handle is from my last Audi which I sold in 2010), most recently an E93 M3 convertible (sorry but nothing will replace the sound of that naturally aspirated V8 with a performance exhaust lol). Even though the M3 was a 2012, I wanted to get with the times and frankly I just thought the new interiors were just what I needed. I had a 2015 335i M-Sport that I sold for the M3 (wanted a convertible V8) and the new 340i is just really the same experience I had before with a dated cabin, and, while the digital dash is cool, it doesnt really do anything other than change colors. Drove the C43 and while the exhaust and acceleration were great, I didnt like the dated cabin as well. Didn't really consider anything else to be honest.

ALL that being said... I'm getting the mirrors, rear spoiler and orange reflectors wrapped in gloss black this weekend and they asked if I wanted the roof wrapped in gloss black. What is everyone's thoughts on that?

I didnt really see a place to tuck in the end of the wrap so it would just be a cut in the wrap at the edges of the roof (if you know what I mean, theres no rubber strip or anything just continuous metal until the doors).

Let me know,
Thanks!
Rob

Old 03-22-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Beautiful car. White with BO looks great.
The mirrors I can understand, but why would you wrap the reflectors in black rather than body color? I'd pass on that personally.
I would also not wrap the roof unless you want your Audi to look like a Nissan Maxima. Also, should you ever choose to install a roof rack, you will ruin the wrap. And you're correct, there is no gutter to tuck under so the wrap may begin to peel over time.

https://tagmotorsports.com/audi-b9-a...lector-package (disclaimer: I have no personal experience with these)
Old 03-22-2018, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
Beautiful car. White with BO looks great.
The mirrors I can understand, but why would you wrap the reflectors in black rather than body color? I'd pass on that personally.
I would also not wrap the roof unless you want your Audi to look like a Nissan Maxima. Also, should you ever choose to install a roof rack, you will ruin the wrap. And you're correct, there is no gutter to tuck under so the wrap may begin to peel over time.

https://tagmotorsports.com/audi-b9-a...lector-package (disclaimer: I have no personal experience with these)
Hey thanks, to be fair a lot of the MBs have black roofs, but yeah I agree on the peel, good point. I'm still considering reflectors in body color, this is just a quick fix, if i dont like it, i'll peel it off. Saw those Tag Motorsports reflectors, still considering those.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Final thought: this is one car/color combo that I think carbon mirror caps might look great on. ECS Tuning makes some for about $250. I don't know what your budget is.

Can you tell I'm just not a fan of wraps? I personally think swapping in an actual part is a much better choice, especially when that part is as complicated a shape as our mirrors and thus very difficult to wrap so well that it looks OEM.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Final thought: this is one car/color combo that I think carbon mirror caps might look great on. ECS Tuning makes some for about $250. I don't know what your budget is.

Can you tell I'm just not a fan of wraps? I personally think swapping in an actual part is a much better choice, especially when that part is as complicated a shape as our mirrors and thus very difficult to wrap so well that it looks OEM.
Haha I can tell... This is my first lease in a while and don't want to go too deep into the money pit just yet. Just trying some things out. I've had leases where I've installed a lot of aftermarket parts and had no problem selling them at the end of the lease, just don't know if I want to go that route just yet. We'll see, I could get bored in a couple months (not with the car, just in general) and start stepping it up. Feedback always appreciated tho.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ROOOOB_A4
Hey thanks, to be fair a lot of the MBs have black roofs
I think those Mercs look like Maximas too

Keep in mind the wrap shop is just trying to up-sell you. They don't have a completely unbiased opinion on what looks good. "But your car is already here, why not wrap your headlights too! We'll give you a discount!"
Old 03-22-2018, 07:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think those Mercs look like Maximas too

Keep in mind the wrap shop is just trying to up-sell you. They don't have a completely unbiased opinion on what looks good. "But your car is already here, why not wrap your headlights too! We'll give you a discount!"
Lol fair, I know this guy and have worked with him before. He's legit and doesn't push anything. It's a small shop about an hours drive away that crushes the big guys in Miami on pricing.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just wrapped the mirrors, side markers and spoiler... Think it came out pretty good. Cheaper for all of that than just the parts for the body colored side markers from TAG.