S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

A$$HOLE Cop scratched up my Porsche GT3 tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A$$HOLE Cop scratched up my Porsche GT3 tonight!

I got pulled over earlier this evening by one of LA's finest for making a rolling stop thru a stop sign. So the *******, approaches my car from the passenger side and asks for my paperwork. I have my fiancee' in the car with me. I hear a couple of "clank clank" sounds coming from the right side of my car. It's his steel baton tapping against the side of my car! I ask to step out of the car to inspect any damage that might have occured, and low and behold there are 3 chip marks and one 1/4" scratch mark on the silver paint. I immediately point out the damage to both him and his partner who was also present. They had nothing really to say. They neither confirmed or denied that the officer who approached the car was responsible for the damage. Now I am really pissed and asked for both their ID #'s and business cards. I called up the station after I got home and left a message on the watch commander's answering machine. Hopefully I will get a call back soon regarding this. Now what should I do? What usually happens when you accuse a cop of wrongful damage of property? My plan is to goto my buddy's bodyshop and have him give me an estimate for an ungodly amount of money. These bastards need to learn a lesson. Anyone else have a similar experience happen to them? Man, I'm so angry at these idiots.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LA's finest. Kind of an oxy-moron.

It's not like the cop is gonna be able to pay for it, and it's not like the city is either. I hate to say it, but it sounds like you're screwed

Then what are you going to do? Drop 5k on a retainer fee, and stick some firecracker lawyer on the police? Yeah, as if they aren't already up to their heads in wrongful arrest cases.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:49 PM

Default Don't try to rip them off..

Lets assume they are good men who made a mistake and will pay for the damage. Now you try to rip them off with a unrealist estimate which is just giving them a reason to blow you off with something.

Don't forget you are dealing with cops who knows the laws, not a kid with rich parents. Getting a reasonble repaire of the chip is the best you can do with these guys.
Old 08-05-2001, 10:08 PM

Default No, this guy was a total jerk.

First of all, his tone of voice and the way he talked to me was very unprofessional. When I tried to explain my point of view, he quickly asked me, if I was callin him a liar. He basically was a real ******* the whole time. His partner on the other hand was more friendly and at least I could explain to him about me actually stopping for the sign, etc. But his partner did see the scratch mark and acknowledged it. I'm not screwed, I am intent on making that cop pay for what he did. I've only had problems in the past with city cops, but never the CHP. Those guys are really professional and know what they're doing. Half of LA's cops have their heads stuck up their asses.
Old 08-05-2001, 10:12 PM

Default Re: No, this guy was a total jerk.

Well... in that case, go for it.
Old 08-05-2001, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I completely agree they are a-holes, thats why one time in santa monica i almost ran them over......

they were on bicycles, of course, they got the last laugh by giving me a ticket and wasted my time. So i learned to watch for those pigs and try hard to respect them. Untill u been helped by one, ur always think they are out there to give u hassle. I've known one good cop when my car was stolen, and he even seemed like a good customer service agent, even called back several times asking if everything is well. But that was back in Michigan though. In L.A, i have yet to encounter anybody in blue that made me feel happy.
Old 08-05-2001, 10:20 PM

Default So what was the ticket for? Trying to run them over?

I had good experiance with LA CHP. While towing the ae86 down to LA for repaire the car fell off the tow dolly and the CHP helped me pushed it back up.

So who do you think is worse? LA cops for Cops in Southen Taiwan?
Old 08-05-2001, 10:25 PM

Default Difference is in Taiwan...

You could probably bribe them, with some money OR give them a couple packs of "Bing Lang" if they chew that crap and be off on your way.
Old 08-05-2001, 10:29 PM

hehe... but I think no cops have the ***** to pull you over in your mom's car..
Old 08-05-2001, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you talking about Taiwan or New Orleans? :-)

Quick Reply: A$$HOLE Cop scratched up my Porsche GT3 tonight!