S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

1bads4 - your sig is ready...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default and WHOA check this one out, from an actual LAWYER.

QUOTE:

LL: It's a little bit more complicated. We used to have a very sensible system. It required that you both register and renew your copyright in order to gain copyright protection. So work after 1923 had to have been renewed in order to continue the copyright protection. But in the 1990s, Congress passed a statute that basically said you didn't even have to renew any existing copyrights. So there's a period of time where copyrighted works were subject to falling into the public domain if they were not renewed and a bunch of that work did fall into the public domain. But from now on it's automatic and will continue to be.<ul><li><a href="http://www.econlib.org/library/Columns/y2003/Lessigcopyright.html">wtf!?</a></li></ul>
Old 04-22-2004, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you must be the smallest person in the bloody world....

"issue gets forced" - what the hell are you going to do? - what can you do? - NOTHING!!

Somebody took the pic from a picposter and made it into a sig by changing it up to 80%

so I would say belt up and move on - Mike you can threaten me all you like - I welcome you to force it - needless to say how rather silly you are being here - grow up man
Old 04-22-2004, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yep, all in agreement with what I said. The copyright is your possesion from the monent of capture

period.

Registering a photograph only allows for more damages and offers a record of photographic ownership, etc.

The common misconceptions that you must register an image for it to be copyrighted is wrong.

Having recouped over $300,000 in the last 10 years on copyright infringement (most out of court in slam dunk cases), I am pretty well versed.

Mike S
Old 04-22-2004, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default yes, but did you read the REST of what lessig says?

you may not like what you read.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default this is how it started...

I think it's save to say it was a misunderstanding - to be fair to 1bads4 he did not choose the photo - I did - I saw it and thought it had more drama than the rest - well we got that right!!

so - he did say sorry - but she kept pushing and I see nothing but showing off here - your making this out to be a big deal for christ sake - good god man - it's "bad" photo anyway ;-))<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1622108.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1622108.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 04-22-2004, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You're right. As you live in England, there's little the photographer could do without great expense

but you keep ignorning the fact that your broke the law.

Do you undertand there are basic minimal statutes for your violation of a federally registered copyright?

You created a slam-dunk, rear-ender type of case. A screen copy of the image is all it takes, this and all your ignorant protests tha you are innocent and claiming the work and how you got the photo.

You sealed your own fate.

Mike S
Old 04-22-2004, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

is that another threat?
Old 04-22-2004, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

for christ sake man "BOLLOCKS" not "Bullocks"
Old 04-22-2004, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Do you realize that if you just said "Sorry" that the whole string would have been avoided?

You created the situation, you have been proven wrong and you whine about the duration of the string.

If you wouldn't have stolen the photo in the first place and if you had just apologized when you got caught, this string would be 1% it's size.

But your arrogance or "Bullocks" and continued ignorant defense has caused more and more correcting and truthful posts.

Dude, your work is incredible. I love your sigs. But you can't take any image you did not take and use them in your sig's without permission, period. Looking at your personal sig it appears their are many stolen photos. I'll be you 100 sterling that if I forward a link of your sig to Ferrari you will get a cease and desist letter from Ferrari. Let alone the studio that owns the rights to the gun in hand photo.

Take this as a lesson. You can't steal someone's intellectual property and use it for your own use, period. Some day someone may actually enforce their rights and you'll be paying $10,000+ and all your AND the photographers/copyright holders legal fees. Can you say $50,000 or more?

Not worth it.

Mike S
Old 04-22-2004, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sure, there are images in public domain. Not the case here, but sure it happened

when the laws changed.

The issue, though, is that you have to check the copyright registry before using a photo (where you would disicover a photos status) and you have to do due dilligence in attempting to determine the ownership of a copyright protected image.

The above is all per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which is researchable on the net.

According to the PPA (Professional Photographers Association), 91% of copyright cases FILED result in an award to the plaintiff and 97% of those filed make it to trial.

I'm 8 for 8, so I like my chances.

Mike S

Quick Reply: 1bads4 - your sig is ready...