S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

1st POST! Couple Newb Q's 00 S4

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st POST! Couple Newb Q's 00 S4

First id start by saying there's no way in hell id sleep at night if I didn't have this forum as a resource.

I purchased a 00 S4 in March from Continental Audi of Naperville certified for $24,000. Cold package, Nav, Sunroof, completely loaded w/ the exception of the Tip! 38k miles

www.sounddomain.com/id/chitowns4

I've already run into the seat issue, blown speaker issue... im looking at a slight BOV sound now... The car will make a noticeable whoosh sound if I hold a gear up to 5-6k and let right off. Now this might be normal cause I never owned a TT DV system and its always did this for me. Also found sometimes if I hit the gas it seems like the car doesn't move then it hits hard almost like the trans has a problem or a boost issue. This has only happened twice but I wont forget it happening. Sound like a DV issue?

I'm looking at replacing the plugs, brakes & that fun stuff in the near future... I had fun replacing the temp sensor already I guess the car takes longer to cool down then I thought lol! Oh and for laughs ill mention the "BRAKE LIGHT" warning... really had me going after a night of drinking! Obviously I wasn't driving...

I was doing some reading about the internal pump that runs at 250 I was considering replacing the sensor to help it kick in sooner. Would this eliminate the need for a turbo timer? I'm trying to make a habit out of letting them cool down.

On the bright side, the weather has been amazing the last couple weeks! Where the car shows at? Located in Chicago SWBURB

Jim
Old 09-24-2004, 10:59 AM

Default Congrats! thats 2 newb's in a row!

BTW, You will learn to love your car even more when the weather is bad.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Congrats! thats 2 newb's in a row!

LOL your telling me! I never look forward to Chicago winters with the previous RWD cars I had but even then i made the best out of it...

I actually found a open parking lot after it rained and I wanted to at least spin the car around once... No go and lemme tell ya its hard to believe this car didn't come w/ ESP! For all I know it probably does and I cannot disable it? I don't have the button and its a 2k. I literally had the pedal down while turning and it would not budge it was a big turn more or less... Im sure if i pulled the ebrake it would be a different story but I had to try it... I noticed its easier to spin the car by letting off the gas then hitting it in a turn!

OH I CANT WAIT FOR WINTER!
Old 09-24-2004, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dude..too many people have used Quicksilver or equivalent as handles here...

Suggest you use something different to not get associated with them. :-)
Old 09-24-2004, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Congrats and welcome to your new addiction..

Don't worry about the turbo timer or swapping out the afterrun switch. Just don't beat on the car without proper cool down. Give it a couple miles to bleed off some heat. It'll be fine. Save your money and time to make it go, stop or turn better. Chip it. Do the brakes and suspension and join your local Audi club so that you can take it to the track and learn how to drive it safely at its limit. You'll have a blast.

Remember...some of the posts here are from people with obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to their cars.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

^^ lol; I LOVE your sig pic
Old 09-24-2004, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Too many people here have silver cars!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:14 PM

Default haha SOME?! more like 90% of people/posts on here are O.C.D. related

but that is what makes us enthusiasts and brought us here.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Arrgg... I'm dreading winter!

Up here about 90 miles North of you, mine has performec beautifully for the last 4 winters... but this one will be a treat since I've installed H&R coilovers over the summer. At 16 turns per inch, 8 wrench movements per turn - I'm dreading the day I have to raise my ride height back up!

In case you haven't already figured it out, in our climate, get an entire second set of summer rubber/rims - if you can afford it.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Careful doing donuts - extended time with the wheel all the way to one side will burn out the power

steering pump!

Quick Reply: 1st POST! Couple Newb Q's 00 S4