S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

1st Stoplight Race...(LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Stoplight Race...(LONG)

I was on my way home from cruising by a rice/bike scene that usually takes place on Thursday nights. There wasn't much action going on b/c the place was heavily populated with police, making sure no fun stuff would go on. So while driving home my gf said she wanted to pick something up from the corner sto' in the neighborhood. I was about to pull a U-ey to park in front of the store when this Eagle Talon comes out from the intersecting street and makes a left to head in the direction I was facing. It was almost like a reflex that I grabbed the stick...but then I pulled my hand back, with my fingers still reaching for the stick. It was like a war of the conscience...I thought to myself "nah, just let it go...just go home and call it a night". Now I have seen this Talon a few times in the neighborhood, in fact, I've seen it parked down the road from me a few times. I could always hear his LOUD exhaust when he drove by. And all the while I said he must think he's the $h1t in that car. While I'm waiting at the light, it turns green and I say "F$%K it!" and raced down the street to meet him at the next light.

I pull up on his right slowly and notice his huge exhaust and as I get closer, I notice a couple of gauges on his A-pillar. I'm like "yeah, this guy is loaded" and start revving on him. He looks over and starts laughing! I say to myself "Yeah bitch laugh, I got somethin' fo' dat ***" The light turns green and I pull that QUATTRO launch SOO nicely. He got a slight jump on the light, but I was able to put a little less than a quarter panel on him. I banged out of 1st @ 6500RPM into second...thinking I was gonna pull even more, we stayed pretty much even while his turbo was screaming in my ear. We shut it down as there was traffic stopped at the light ahead. The light turned green and I waited for him to get even with me b/c there was a car in front of him. I rolled down my window and we start talkin, crawling @ ~15MPH down this four lane rd (2 lanes each direction) slowing down traffic behind us...

Him: $hit!! Your car is quick!
Me: Yeah...your car is pretty quick too.
Him: My boy has one of those....it's slow though
****Every person I run into says "their boy" has one****
Me: Oh....word!
Him: Your $h1t is quick....what did you do to it?
Me: I put a chip in
****Cars behind us blowing their horns****
****At the next light****
Him: So how much HP does the chip add?
Me: About 50-60HP.
Him: Yeah....I've been telling my boy to chip his.
Me: What did you do to that thing?!?
Him: Oh, I put in a bigger turbo.
Me: "Damn!"

****I look at the light, it's about to turn green...I look over at him...he nods****

Light turns green and he gives me the move, I take off but not 100%...I wait til he's almost even, then punch it. Same story...we don't gain an inch on each other. I let off b/c the light was red, but he keeps going and comes to a screeching halt. At that time someone making a left from the intersecting street heading in the opposite direction stopped beside the other guy's car and said "STOP DRIVING SO FAST!!!". It turned out to be one of the guy's friends.

Light goes green and we go at it again, but this time it was very short (I barely got up to speed in 2nd) b/c of traffic at the light...

Me: You live around here??
Him: Yeah, I live back down the rd.
Me: Yeah, me too, I've seen your car around...

****We hear sirens from a cop car coming up behind us****

We both look over at each other with that OH ****!! look on our face. Look back at the unmarked cop car and watch it as it flies by us. *SIGH*

Him: I thought that he was coming for us.
Me: Me too, I was about to say damn.
Him: yeah, that was too close.
Me: True...well I'm about to head to tha crib, it was good runnin' with u.
Him: Alright, take care man.

So we both made 3 lefts and a right to head home. Then I remembered that my gf was still in the car...

Me: "Oh $h1t, do you still want to go to the store??"
Her: "I don't believe you chased him down to go race"
Me: "I had to, it was the perfect opportunity"
Her: "whatever you say, let's just go to the store...AUDIHEAD!!" (that's the nickname she gave me b/c of my obsession...go figure)

I never thought it would be that exciting to have a stoplight race...I've been looking for one ever since I got the car about 7 wks ago...man that was good! Nice open road (sort of) and two turbocharged cars, what a perfect recipe to live a moment in the fast and the furious =^)

"I wonder what tonight will have in store for me?"
Old 08-17-2001, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rolling roadblocks are not cool