S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

2 Imolas in the same parking lot...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Imolas in the same parking lot...

For the past few months, I've been driving past a dentist's office in town and have seen an Imola S4 parked next to an Imola S4 Avant. I always told myself I'd stop in when they weren't busy and see if I could chat with the owner(s). Well, last night I finally decided to stop.

It was after business hours & they were the only two cars parked in the lot. I went in the building and peeked in a window. A gentleman came out and asked if he could help me with something. I asked if he was one of the owners of the S4s in the parking lot. He said he owned the S4 and his friend owned the Avant.

Well, we got to talking about the Audi experience, chips, exhaust, etc.

Then the owner of the Avant came out and we chatted some more. Turns out his car is pretty well tricked out with an APR chip, downpipes, & exhaust as well as aftermarket wheels (couldn't tell which ones), short shift kit and other mods I'm sure I didn't even notice.

As far as I can tell, there are only 6 S4s in the town where I live (Rockford, IL), so half the owners were represented in the parking lot last night.

The non-Avant owner drove my car for a bit (to hear what the Borla exhaust sounded like). It was a fun time.

Anyway, we shot the **** for about 45 minutes and I offered to stop back sometime with VAG-COM to show them some of the cool stuff it can do. I also asked both of them if they read Audiworld or not, and both of them said "of course". I don't think they post very often, but they seem to lurk quite a bit (hello if you guys are reading this).

It's always nice to meet other Audi enthusiasts! That's part of what makes owning this car so much fun. Every other car in Rockford is a BMW 3-series (not that there's anything wrong with that), but there's just not the same kind of bonding with bimmer owners as there is with Audi owners. It was a fun night...
Old 05-31-2001, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

did they get their cars from napletons or somewhere else?
Old 05-31-2001, 10:26 AM

Both From Napletons. HIs Avant was the first one sold in the US.