S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

2004 Northeast Audi Summer Event Info/Registration/Forums/Site is up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Northeast Audi Summer Event Info/Registration/Forums/Site is up!

We're proud to have KTR Performance as our new partner and host for this years event. We're also happy to announce our updated site with forums to plan your caravans and general car talk. The site also contains a gallery of the past 3 years! Admission is a little different this year, it's tied into a food drive. We're asking everyone to bring some type of food donation, more information on the web site in the admission section. Please take the time register and we look foward to seeing you June 25th. (show times are still to be determined)

-Scott<ul><li><a href="http://www.neaudi.com">http://www.neaudi.com</a</li></ul>
Old 04-29-2004, 06:45 AM

Default Traffic Nightmare!!!

All the usual traffic going through the center of that little town,....what a nightmare!!!

I'm glad I'll be enjoying my weekend in Lake Winnipesaukee instead.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cool, that was so overdue for a rehaul, but you made a major design mistake -

When developing an informational website one should never use graphics to display text for 3 major reasons:

1. Load time is killer, Believe it or not, not everyone has a broadband connection. Plain text HTML will load SO much faster. I know you probably want to keep the cool Star Trek looking font, but you can use other fonts so it doesn't look so vanilla, like Tahoma or Verdana.

2. Search engines cannot archive your site! This site will never be picked up by Google or any search engine because it cannot interpret the graphics, unless you use alt tags on every image, but even then it's not nearly effective as plain text HTML would be. Images and Alt tags are good for menus and graphical links. Try putting the images as backgrounds to the BODY or TD tag and lay the text over it. Also rename the Title tags to each page to something more effective than the URL so it can searched on also.

3. Updating the content will be a nightmare! If everytime you need to edit the graphic. Plus you can edit plain text in notepad or any text editor, you're not limited to the one PC that has the complex graphics program with that particular font style and PSD files. You can update it from anywhere via FTP.

I hope you don't feel like I'm bashing you, your work, or the site itself. I just think that the information on the website is important and people who do not belong to Audiworld should be able to stumble upon it through public search engines. I'll be at the event, that's for sure!
Old 04-29-2004, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No worries, I just threw it together quick....

my major flaw is I'm a art guy messing with websites. Your critisism is well noted and there will be a improved version in the future. Thank you, Scott