S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

3 months after having my Stasis Tracksports installed, I think both front shocks are blown

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 months after having my Stasis Tracksports installed, I think both front shocks are blown

Yep, only had them installed for about 3 months / 3000 miles, but today they started exhibiting the signs of blown shocks (shuttering and ridiculous amounts of porpoising after just about any bump in the road; I pretty much feel unsafe even driving the car right now). They had been fine up until now, and I absolutely haven't beaten or abused them in anyway. I usually only drive to and from work in the S4; no racing or tracking at all. No bad pot-holes or bumps or anything either, streets here are pretty good.

Its dark out now, so I couldn't completely verify it, but both front shocks look like they are covered in grease. I'll have to pull the car in the garage tomorrow when I have some time and really check for sure, but from the looks of it, and the symptoms, I'm guessing they are toast.

I just shot Achtuning an email since that is where I purchased them. Hopefully there is no problem with everything now that the company seems to have changed hands. I'm assuming Stasis must have some sort of warranty on these stuff, right? I mean, $2000 for 3 months of use seems a little ridiculous. I'm waiting to hear what happens, but I would pretty much only be content with replacements being shipped ASAP and Stasis or Achtuning picking up the labor costs for replacing the faulty parts. What do yo guys think? Is that fair?

Also, is this a normal problem with these coilovers?

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

definitely talk to stasis about it.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Stasis is very stand up with their products, but you won't get labor. I have never heard of a

company picking up the labor costs on a warranty issue. You will prob also ahve to send them back to stasis first but I'm sure they would expidite shipping back to you. Looking at posts from people who have had issues with their products I have laways seen positive results.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:40 PM

Thanks, I will. Do you think I should just bypass Achtuning, or still try to go through them first?
Old 01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Check to make sure that they haven't worked loose on top. This happened to mine.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Thanks for the reply, however in my opinion, I don't see how they could be "very stand up" and...

not cover the extra labor charges I am going to incur due strictly to faulty parts that should have lasted much, much longer.

Not saying that your comment isn't correct golfrsi, just stating my general opinion on that.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:45 PM

I will, thanks. Do you mean the 3 smaller bolts (accessible from the engine bay)?
Old 01-30-2006, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default When it comes to actually standing behind their product,

I feel they do it better than most. I do understand it would be awesome if they did cover labor, but I have never heard of a company offering such unless they do the install (which I assume is not the case since you bought through achtuning)
Old 01-30-2006, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default All I know is that last time my car was in for service, the Audi dealer said "did you know that your

coilovers are loose" They tightned them up and now rides much better. I don't know what bolts were loose, because I did not see it. I have had these tracksports for some time (~35-40K).

Bruce
Old 01-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lifetime warranty to the original purchaser

so if there is a problem - its no problem. We will rebuild or replace the damaged items.

I do have to say that it is more than a bit unusual for 2 dampers to go south at the same time........Who did the install? Did you drill the hole for the top adjusters?

Quick Reply: 3 months after having my Stasis Tracksports installed, I think both front shocks are blown