S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

300+ hp Wett ECU with a Tip S4!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2000, 12:31 PM
robfox

I'm glad you're not offended, but the real annoyance is the anonymity.
Old 01-28-2000, 12:35 PM
mm

Default Perhaps he did not know your story...

...perhaps he did. I just did not appreciate the lack of sensitivity and common courtesy I interpreted in the comment.

Also, sorry for jumping in like that. It was not my intent to imply that you needed defending, or were not capable of defending yourself. I just felt the comment deserved a response in the interest of common decency. Perhaps I overstepped my bounds, but it really made me angry, in case it wasn't obvious. I'll let it go and leave it to you now.

Also my apologies to the anonymous instigator of all this and again to the forum at large for any ugliness exhibited on my part. I do not like to attack people, and invariably feel guilty after the fact whenever I do. This time is no exception. :[
Old 01-28-2000, 12:35 PM
robfox

He meant the Tip max torque, not Wett's chip torque.
Old 01-28-2000, 12:36 PM
mm

Sorry for stepping in, see my post above.
Old 01-28-2000, 12:43 PM
mm

Default No rivalry intended. Six speed, Tiptronic... it's all good.

I just want people can be well informed and thoughtful regarding the relative merits and limitations of each. It's a trade off, just like anything else, there is no objective "better" or "worse" in my mind. Like most things, it's all about PERSONAL priorities IMHO. To each his own.

Peace!
Old 01-28-2000, 12:45 PM
mm

DOH! Should read: "I just want people to be able to be well informed and..."
Old 01-28-2000, 12:59 PM
mm

Default I know it's frustrating, and registered postings would be fine with me...

...but in the interim, refusing to post on the forums will not help matters. We need more reasonable, responsible, and respectful posters like you, not less. I hate to see everything go to hell in a handbasket around here, although I suppose that's kind of your point in not wanting to post.

Just some random thoughts FWIW (not much), but it would be cool if you would consider sticking around. You've been a regular here for quite some time, haven't you?
Old 01-28-2000, 01:16 PM
rickp

It sure would be nice if everyone on the board were as polite as you are (including me)!
Old 01-28-2000, 01:24 PM
eliot

Default Re: All flaming aside, was there ever a definitive answer on the max torque rating of the S4 Tip?

i believe that the word from ZF is that the max. torque rating for the S4 tip is 310 lbft.
the 1 bar chips make around 370 lbft. i, for one will not be doing this mod. the APR
folks are hinting that they will make a "tip chip" that will have non tip destroying output.
i think a chip that restores the S4's output to european specs (i.e. 265 bhp/295 lbft)
would be perfect. are any of you tuners reading this?????
Old 01-28-2000, 01:27 PM
S4 Dude

Default mm it wasn't you... (more)

I agree. Both the TIP and 6-Speed are great! They each have their differences, like the amount of torque they can handle. I was just responding to our anonymous friend who decided to put down rickp for driving a TIP.

Quick Reply: 300+ hp Wett ECU with a Tip S4!