S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

ACNA Thunder Hill Event...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haha yeah if you keep talking like that I'll have to go off hard at Laguna...

but maybe not, I hear there are some walls to hit there.

We discussed at dinner that there is a point when instructors no longer want to be with their students. You taught me the lines of the track, taught me to be smoother, a little lift-off rotation and not to make you look bad. Then it gets to the point when I want to start going faster, trying to rotate the car more, braking later and harder, basically testing the deep end of the pool. I think at that point most instructors want out of the car, ever get that feeling ha?

I had a great time overall thanks to everyone that could stand to stay up late and waste hours talking about Audis.

Cheers!
Old 01-16-2006, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Did I ever get that feeling??

Ya, everytime I got in your car:P

kidding.... but I have yet to have a student really scare me.... I have gotten a bit nervous. I am sure it is a matter of time before it happens though.

It gets a bit more nerve racking once students get into C and D groups and you know enough to start really getting yourself in trouble:^).... I have scared myself pretty good a few times.

Like I said, I enjoy putting other instructors in my car with me and having them give me feedback, learn much more quickly that way I find. Also, ridding with as many as possible really helps as well.... just don't take Eddie's line on turn 9:^)
Old 01-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Elder Member

Default Nice meeting you. Thanks for the business. :)

You picked up a pretty car, and don't worry, pretty soon people will be asking if that's Alex@Europrice's avant, not Rob O's. ;-)

You playing with the imola B7 avant made for some colorful pics. Thanks again, see you at Laguna!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Former Vendor

Default I can't wait for the CD to arrive! Thanks so much for putting together the shots...

and yup the 034 crew and I are planning on going to Laguna. It's coming sooner than I thought as well, time to get cracking on some upgrades. Will you and your husband be there doing a full session of photography with the truck? By the way that truck setup is pretty amazing, it was nice to see the photos before hand, some bright colors is right

I think that the MADWAGN will always be Rob O's wagon to many people, so I'll just have to turn up the spice on it!

Cheers!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Elder Member

Default Yep, we'll be doing the full meal deal. ;-)

Thanks for the compliments.

If your car is getting any fraction of the spice the other 034 cars, that'll be scary to see. Those cars were pretty wicked(!).

(btw, we're not married... yet.) :P
Old 01-16-2006, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You're a good woman, he should seal that deal:^)
Old 01-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Elder Member

Default aw, why thanks. ;-)

is jen feeling better? sorry she couldn't make it.

you're both planning on attending laguna right? will the s4 be ready by then?

congrats on the new position! sounds like fun. good luck to the team as always...
Old 01-17-2006, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We are going to try and make Laguna and thank you very much:^)

been real busy lately.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor

Default Well we'll see what kind of spice we can throw onto the 2.7t motor...

and maybe, just maybe, possibly, sort of, almost could put down more bhp than some of the 034 cars. There was one 034 car missing from the pack at THill, think 90q fitted with a 3.6 V8 mit twin turbos. Everyone can say hi to that at Laguna <insert evil laugh>

Got any sisters?

Cheers!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor

Check, no Eddie'ing turn 9 ha!

Quick Reply: ACNA Thunder Hill Event...