S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Add one more to the number of S4 trannies replaced/repaired...(Sewickley Car Store rules!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Add one more to the number of S4 trannies replaced/repaired...(Sewickley Car Store rules!)

You heard right...
Tranny will come out and be inspected to find out what's wrong (grinding, notchy, etc.)
They scheduled 2 weeks for the job (Sep. 17th), I just hope it will NOT be any longer than that.

What I wonder is:
Who do I need to bitch and moan to get a NEW tranny put on instead of wasting time and risking it doesn't get done right????

Some people have gotten them 'fixed', some other 'replaced', what and WHO makes those decisions?

I understand the dealer may be hand-tied, but if Audi wants to shine with big-mouth me, it's time they show their customer support and commitment.

You are reading Audi, expect a call to document my petition and also expect me to make a whole lot of fuzz over this if you can't do any better, I certainly will let a LOT of people know how design problems are handled by the superior Audi brand.

I could relax a bit if I was giving a GOOD loaner car for the period it will be down, still is unacceptable you simply don't have a tranny somewhere in the country to simply replace and take your sweet time checking what went wrong with my old one.

Btw. Who do I talk to get a loaner car for this kind of down time?
If not a loaner I would want at least the money so it goes towards the payment of the lease.

I am not the first, nor the last one, Audi has treated fairly other customers with the same situation, Who do I need make understand this is NOT acceptable?

On the other hand, from the people that got their tranny 'fixed' how many improved, and how many are NOT happy with the 'fix' (I know of at least one)?

Thanks everyone, sorry for the moaning, it really gives me a bad feeling a superior brand can't do any better than this.
Old 08-15-2001, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as I know, they gave up on trying to fix them in house. You will get a complete unit.
Old 08-15-2001, 04:07 PM

Default I specifically asked the sales advisor "Can I get a new tranny shipped and simply swapped?"

Don't remember his exact answer but it was a sound 'NO' (something like, fix it only, Sir).

sigh....... I am telling you, this is quite an education on how companies forget that customers are what keeps them alive and by treating the customer like if we are painted will eventually scare them away.

Guess Audi/VW could 'survive' with ONLY the very rich people with multiple cars and no care if one spends a month in the shop, but then, why is Audi bragging they are having a booming business with other than the 'extremely rich'??

Guess judging by the way dealers are trying to get rid of 01s they DO need the less than 'extremely rich' class.

Time for make or brake Audi, I have a whole lot of free time in my hands for a while now and would gladly give you references of previous less-than-fair companies that ended up forking it.

Get me a new tranny pronto! and I'll be at peace.
Old 08-15-2001, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

They cannot properly rebuild it in house. The whole unit must be replaced. Accept nothing less.
Old 08-15-2001, 07:00 PM

Default You bet, battle starts tomorrow.

Well maybe Friday as I have more important things to do than tell an operator than Audi Customer Satisfaction sucks!

If they don't hear me, I will escalate and if they don't hear me, I will start producing my pamphlets and go to corners to distribute, Saturn returned my calls next day and offer a quick buy back after they heard how far I was willing to go.

So AoA, you know it, better red code that tranny down here, it's not my problem how much it will cost, I assure you it will cost a lot more to shut me up :P.

The Audi way?
Old 08-15-2001, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Of course, it's Audi's fault, not your fault for sticking a short-shifter on there...

...which you immediately noted was causing you problems. So, what does Tostao the brilliant do? Leave it on there, and let his tranny fail, then whine about Audi's poor quality...how about Tostao's poor ownership?

9/18/00: Tostao got a short shifter, and immediately noted that it felt "clunkier". Of course, his tranny problems later on are AUDI's fault:
<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/139154.phtml" target="_top">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/139154.phtml</a>
Old 08-15-2001, 09:01 PM

Default I hope they deny your ***...

...as much time as you spend in here talking ****, you ****ing deserve it.
Old 08-15-2001, 09:49 PM

Default You actually owned a Saturn? I wouldn't admit that one...

Chill out man. Not every component of complex machinery can be perfect absolutly every time. Be nice and AoA wil take care of your problem.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I've always believed the short shifters were partially at fault. That's why I modded my OE shifter.
Old 08-16-2001, 06:34 AM

Default Yeah...RR pointed out something yesterday that I'd concluded:

In the owners' manual, they tell you that even resting your hand on the shifter can cause damage to the tranny; clearly, this raises a red flag insofar as messing around with it goes.

Quick Reply: Add one more to the number of S4 trannies replaced/repaired...(Sewickley Car Store rules!)