S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

With all the recent discussion of Delphi injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Straight at a valve there zippy Otherwise fine.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

MJTaylor, is it an aftermarket program that you buy, or is it something someone developed?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL, whoops! You know what I meant!
Old 10-05-2005, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

what do you call prohibitively expensive?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default its something you buy, i dont have many details on it.

i just know that it exists and its used by at least two people here for ME7.1 tuning on our cars.

allows full editing of maps in real time.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default gotcha, thanks :)

that got some ideas flowing, if only i had access to the right equipment

one of our branch companies has a laser plotter used to map out points on machine parts for 3D modeling. It'd be sweet if I could get a 3D model of our heads / intake mani put together then figure out a way to get the spray patterns of different injectors modeled in there as well.

oh well.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default $20-30k?

i forget exactly, but it was up there somewhere.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:05 PM

Default It is expensive....

However, as a few people have been asking for it recently, I have started to look into making something that would be sort of like my own version of ECUTek for ME7.x based VAG ECUs. It's still on the white board for now but if you guys hang on for a little while, there might be something available for everyone to tune their own engines with full real-time access to all relevant maps in maybe a year or 2.....

This is about a full product, operating software with full access to all the tuning-relevant maps, real-time checksum correction and real-time maps access. When done tuning, simply save your settings and that's it.

Anyone else thinks it's a good idea?

Mihnea
Old 10-05-2005, 11:12 PM

Default More details

That program is just that, a very advanced hex editor, and the maps it gives you access to are just up to how much you know about where the maps are and what they do. I am using around 100-200 maps for most cars that I tune, which means lots of time spent searching for them and testing to make sure I'm right about where the maps are, plus access to proprietary, factory-only map documentation....

The program I'm going to start putting together is going to be available on 3 different levels (for one ECU type only, access to most of the important maps (50 or so), one ECU only and access to all the maps (100 to 200?), all ECUs and access to all the maps). The stock ECU will have to be modified to allow for the real-time emulator interface to be installed permanently inside of it, but the advantage is that you'll be able to use it either offline or online (connected to a laptop or not). All changes will be made realtime when online, as well as the CPU map accesses will also be displayed in real-time so you can know exactly what's being used and when.

Hope this helps, hopefully if there's enough interest, it'll make the R&D costs worthwhile for this project...

Mihnea
Old 10-05-2005, 11:16 PM

Default More details again, lol

The problem with the commercially available program/emulator is that you have to do your homework and the program won't find any maps for you. It has taken me almost 3 years working on ME7.x based ECUs to find out how ALL the maps work and what's important for tuning and what's not... Definitely not something you want to start doing as an end-user that just wants to tweak his own car, huh?

So my idea has been to provide the end user with access to all the tuning-relevant maps, for use at their own risk of course, so they can tune their own cars if they think they can do it.

The program/modified ECU package will be provided at a reasonable cost for an end-user only willing to modify one type of ECU. I'm working on finding the safest licensing methods so this cannot be cracked, as if it gets cracked, it will be hundreds of thousands of $$$ spent in R&D that will be gone....

HTH again,

Mihnea

Quick Reply: With all the recent discussion of Delphi injectors