S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Another OT: All of you SoCal people down by LA... how is this location ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another OT: All of you SoCal people down by LA... how is this location ?

HOLLYWOOD CELEBRITY HOTEL
1775 ORCHID AVE
Hollywood, CA 90028

I'm going to be down there this weekend with a friend of mine and she's going to have her car full of stuff (she's moving). Since the car's going to be outside in plain view, I really don't want to be worrying about things too much... oh yeah and is there anything entertaining around there? (decent clubs/bars?)
Old 08-09-2001, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default ewwww not reall current on that area BUT...

Hollywood is pretty seedy...I'd be very careful with your car if I were you.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:14 AM

Default You're on the border of Hollywood/West Hollywood. Lots of fun over there but some weirdos too...

...but overall, you should have fun.

You're S4 should be OK cause you're north of the strip (Sunset). There's TONS to do there and there some awesome food!

Have fun! I miss L.A. =(:::
Old 08-09-2001, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's an understatement...! <more>

The truth is: most of H/wood is a dump, despite what "Entertainment Tonight" & "Extra" would have you believe. Now, I'm not familiar with this particular hotel, but if it has an enclosed lot, you should be OK.

If you'd feel better, I'd be happy to baby-sit the S4 for ya all weekend-long while you are taking care of business! ;-)

2001 A4 2.8Q TSCBX
Old 08-09-2001, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A fun and popular bar (not club) is the Saddle Ranch on Sunset... goes off on Sat. nights...

No list, no picking by the door guys and NO COVER... just a lot of fun. Lots of bachelorette parties roll through there, so fun lovin' women abound. It was originally desiganted as a "country bar," but thank god, that it is not. The country craze died out and so did Hollywood's taste for an all country music bar so don't worry they play all sorts of music and the crowd is far from "country." They do however, have a mechanical bull that is a ton 'O fun to ride and if nothing else, entertaining to watch others get their asses kicked on it!!!

Oh, and no "weirdos" there.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Parking/security shouldn't be a problem... valet or secured parking...

Or just brightly lit parking in a faily busy area/parking lot should be A-okay. Oh except if the car is loaded with stuff... kick down an extra 10 spot to a valet parker so that it will be parked right up front somewhere.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Another OT: All of you SoCal people down by LA... how is this location ?

That area can be kind of sketchy at night. Lots of homeless people wandering around. Lock your car and don't leave anything of value i.e. change, cell phones etc. visible in your car. I would not worry about it getting stolen. A fun place to go out to in the area is Deep. It is at the corner at Hollywood and Vine. It's kind of a scene but there is some great "talent" in there. Look sharp and you should not have proplems getting in. You won't get in if you bring 2 guys with you. If you want to go somewhere more low key check out the Lava Lounge on Labrea in between Sunset and Hollywood Blvd. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:53 AM

Real fun to watch the women ride the mech. bull... It goes real slow
Old 08-09-2001, 09:54 AM

Default You can hide your car(s) in my garage at night if you want

I live by LAX (Westchester) which is not too far away from Hollywood.
~Andy
Old 08-09-2001, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wow! Thanks everyone. This is why this forum simply rocks.

I went ahead and made my reservations, and I guess we'll just spend some time finding some secure parking if the hotel doesn't have it's own valet/covered/caged parking lot.

Thanks agian!

Quick Reply: Another OT: All of you SoCal people down by LA... how is this location ?