S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Anyone have cabin water leaks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have cabin water leaks?

More specifically I found a leak today by the right rear rail mounting point for my drivers seat. Water is somehow getting in with all this wet weather driving and has soaked the carpet. I am pretty sure this is the entry point as there is no water under the front of the drivers seat, none on the passenger side of the tunnel. Just that one attachment point. I won't know for sure until I jack the car up and take a look.

Anyone ever encounter this? Fix? A fat glob of silicone caulking? RTV?

Rob
Old 01-03-2005, 07:03 PM

Default I don't know about cabin, but my wheel well was full of water last night...

took spare tire out and noticed it had a bunch of water in there. I think the drain plug is leaking...soaked it up and went on my merry way!
Old 01-03-2005, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default had the exact same problem!

Do you by chance park on an uphill driveway? I do and my problem was the result of an audio cable that was ran through a seal in the engine bay. Its under all the plastic stuff, near the battery and corner of the winshield, drivers side of course... from what i could tell the water ran in down into the cabin along the audio cable under the mat and carpet with no noticable soaking up front, then naturally gravity caused the water to puddle up in the back corner by the rail (also in the rail itself) where it had time to really soak into the carpet.

Fix:
Went to home depot and got some of that expanding foam that you can cut after it drys... then i used some silicone glue to make sure it was sealed where the foam met the hole. Doesnt look all that pretty, but thats what the plastic piece is there for. :P
Old 01-03-2005, 08:52 PM

That's because the back of your truck isn't covered!! =)