S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Anyone out there with the silver leather interior? Your opinions please. . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-1999, 11:29 AM
dhodory

Default Anyone out there with the silver leather interior? Your opinions please. . .

Thought I ordered the black leather/silver alc. interior, but just talked to my dealer, car just came in and it has the silver leather interior.

Anyone who has one, let me know what you think.
Old 09-30-1999, 11:44 AM
KDK

Default Re: Anyone out there with the silver leather interior? Your opinions please. . .

Same thing happened to me. Was supposed be be silver with silver alcantara, and was silver with silver leather. At least the had the exterior right! Alcantara wasn't my first choice originally (wanted black leather), but I think I like this the best because it doesn't look like an A4 inside.
Old 09-30-1999, 11:57 AM
Peter

Default I ordered Nogaro with Silver, just saw a Cactus green with...

Silver and it looked VERY nice. My opinion. The leather is very soft and the color lightens up the small interior. I also like the wood. We are paying $40K, it just looks richer.
Old 09-30-1999, 12:00 PM
AvramD

Default I think it's delicious...

Very light - almost white. Very tasteful. It really brightens up the mostly black cockpit without being obnoxious at all.

I'm getting it in my Santorin. My only hesitation would be on a siliver car, but even then with the Onyx dash, rug & window trim, it turns out it looks great there too!
Old 09-30-1999, 12:11 PM
Drew

Default Picked Up Black with Silver Leather on Saturday

At first I thought the silver leather was too light and I was thinking about passing on the car. However, the more I looked at it the more I liked it, and now I think it is the best interior option available for a hot climate (black leather is nice too, but not here in Houston, TX). I really like the wood (it adds a more luxurious feel to the car), and I was not impressed with the aluminum. Moreover, IMHO I thought the silver alcantara looked too "boy racerish". I am quite confident that I will like the grey leather and wood 3 years from now, I am not sure I could say the same about the aluminum/alcantara interior. Take the car and enjoy!
Old 09-30-1999, 01:07 PM
Noel Louthan

Default Sat on it in a Nogaro Blue yesterday.......

REALLY liked it. I'm getting it in my Santorin Blue and I think it will be very nice.

Noel
Old 09-30-1999, 01:12 PM
GMN

Default Re: Anyone out there with the silver leather interior? Your opinions please. (long)

First of all .. don't for one second think it looks anything even close to what
you see in the S4 brochure. Its not even remotely close. I did not originally
order my S4 with silver because of what I thought it would look like. Finally
saw a swatch at my dealers, and immediately changed my mind. Best I can
describe it would be to say that its much lighter with just a touch of gray in it,
and much lighter in overall color ..... and has a very soft overall look to it ...
not at all shiny as the catalog would suggest. Possibly only drawback would be
it will surely get dirtier quicker then onyx .... but that may be only a small price
to pay for the luxurious look of this interior.
Old 09-30-1999, 09:13 PM
LCP

Had all black in my old A4, but love the silver (lt. gray) in my S4 more