S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Anyone tried the AWE S-Flo Intake? Comments?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey keyboard racer... if you would look down, I'm corrected myself already.. what more do you want?
Old 04-20-2001, 05:57 PM

Default hey your a funny guy

well to yourself atleast
Old 04-20-2001, 06:04 PM

Default Re: hey your a funny guy

I'd never thought I'll get into fight with anybody on this board considering I try to be helpful most of the time. I don't know everything and nobody does. He asked about the S-Flo kit and I gave what info I had hear about it. After I was pointed out wrong, I corrected myself and traded experiance with LehighS4 about what I've seen, and hopping he could offer something I don't know.

Now you sir on the other hand offered no info for the person who started the post and just called me names. If you have experiance with the S-Flo kit please share with us. You sound like you know it pretty well. Everybody is welcome to say I'm wrong but when you do so, do give me some info on what you think. Just posting "Wrong!!" don't help nobody and make no friends.
Old 04-20-2001, 06:08 PM

ok, damn yo
Old 04-20-2001, 06:14 PM

Default The problem is that engine compartment is very tight. Now with an A4 or a GTI

an open air box would work (and have seen it work well) because there is a lot of space for heat to escape rather than sucked in.
Mayube a vented hood would help.
As for my own experience it helped with the chip and with my UUC VM2, it is nice combo! A lot of power everywhere especially high RPM under WOT
Old 04-20-2001, 06:17 PM

Default OK, it seems my comments where deleted. Again it is a nice mod, I have

had it for about 10 months. Did some tests with AWE/Todd and found increases in air sucked in especially at high RPM.
Old 04-20-2001, 06:21 PM

Default Re: OK, it seems my comments where deleted. Again it is a nice mod, I have

Thanks for the info, can you give me some more detail on how much it helped? I know it won't be night a day like a chip but is this something the car ask for (like the car ask for the exhaust when chipped).

Sorry had to delete that post since nothing good came out of it.
Old 04-20-2001, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It is nothing like the exhaust and you will not be able to feel anything

I have had it for 6+ months and I could not feel the difference... My car was already chipped and had a catback exhaust when I put it in. There might be some gains but I bet it is less than 5HP and therefore impossible to tell in a 300+HP car. If I was you, I would save the money towards downpipes or some other mod.

Additional Info: My OEM filter at the time I changed to AWE was clean... I changed the filter in my Integra before and felt improved trottle response. With the S4, I could not feel any difference. Again, it might be the car having to much HP already...
Old 04-20-2001, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Could you describe what you did to test it? (m)

Now that the VAG-COM software supports data capture I'm going to try compiling some before and after data on intake airflow. Any suggestions on things to do or look out for would be appreciated.
Old 04-20-2001, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default i did the opposite and noticed a little difference.

i did the lltek k&n/heat sheild deal with stock exhaust and no chip. it felt a little stronger down low, of all things. is the s-flow filter oiled? how exactly does it work. im only familiar with k&n. i know it mounts in the stock box, though.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried the AWE S-Flo Intake? Comments?