S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Anyone who leased thru Audi Financial Services having problems? I'm havinga nightmare . . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2000, 07:19 AM
dhodory

Default Anyone who leased thru Audi Financial Services having problems? I'm havinga nightmare . . .

I leased the vehicle OVER 4 months ago and have yet to receive a payment coupon. On each occassion, I have had to call AFS and request an account number and address to mail the payment. First, they had my address wrong (no apt. #), now, they have my vehicle listed as an A6, 2.7. Still haven't received any payment coupons -- except when I'm late (from not having received said coupon) -- and THEN they seem to be able to mail it out just fine. I even mailed a certified letter (return receipt) with a payment and an explanation of all the problems I've had to date . . . AND THEY LOST IT! Thank God I had my return receipt -- even though they STILL couldn't find it, at least I had proof I sent it.

Just curious if this has been a problem for any other S4 owners -- as when I call the customer service line, they acknowledge that it has been a major issue on their end. Wondering if it's only for S4 owners (I have no idea . . . maybe because it's a new model? -- they couldn't seem to get the model correct on the payment coupon) or an epidemic accross the board for all unfortunate Audi owners who had the mis-fortune of financing their vehicles with AFS.
Old 01-17-2000, 07:44 AM
KevinH

Had similar problems, though the cause was the dealer not submitting the correct info
Old 01-17-2000, 09:45 AM
SCJ

Default Stay away from AFS...

I had leases for 4 years through AFS. They got worse as time went on and I think Audi & VW had more sales.

I did not have trouble getting bills, but had trouble getting money to them, including a payment that they finally acknowleged about a month after I sold and paid off the car, 4 months after I had sent it to them. They were also part of the title problem with my last A4 which made me late picking up my last license tabs.

There real problem is that they do not have enough people to handle customer questions and complaints and payment processing.
Old 01-17-2000, 11:19 AM
Robert Dinkel

No problem with wife's '98 A6 lease through them. But I have great dealer doing paperwork.