S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Arrest in Connecticut for 99 MPH in a 65 MPH zone.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I added a couple more photos to make the timeline a little clearer. :-)
Old 10-31-2004, 06:40 AM
Elder Member

LOL!
Old 10-31-2004, 07:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
Old 10-31-2004, 07:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default next time.... DON'T STOP!

unless they spike strip your tires
Old 10-31-2004, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I take I-384 every other day and there is almost always someone going way over the speed limit ...

on it. I guess you must have just been on there at the wrong time as I have never seen any police trolling for tickets there or maybe it was the end of month quota thing.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:14 AM
Elder Member

Can you state why they felt it was necessary to arrest you?
Old 10-31-2004, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No, the state police are very active on that road these days ... so caution.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Let's just say it had nothing to do with speeding...
Old 10-31-2004, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not sure I would agree with that statement. If they didn't give out

licenses like candy at a pediatricians office and maintained roads a little better, I would agree. Unfortunately, I am tired of soccer moms nearly running me off the road because of the cell phone glued to their ear while they float across 4 lanes of traffic at 40 while everyone is going 70 in their 3 ton POS navigator without a care in the world. There have been at least 4 times in the past year where I got completely cut off and people in lanes next to me pulled up to the soccer mom and shared some sign language.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Unfortunately I have to agree that the situation is terrible now and getting worse every day...

Today, on th way into Hartford, I had a car try to merge into me and then watched in my mirrors as he did exactly the same thing on two completely separate occasions ... and all within 45 seconds. He clearly wasn't even trying to use his mirrors (or indicators). The situation in North America is deadly and getting worse every day. I drive here today in the same style as I do when I am in undeveloped third world countries.

What I put it down to is a general dumbing down of drivers here. The 55 MPH speed limit took a lot of pressure off people. Everything moved slowly enough that they didn't really need to know what they were doing. Now most people cannot drive accurately anymore.

Similarly, look at this "tank" attitude most people have. They buy SUV's in the belief that they will be protected from a catastrophe and then because they feel so safe they drive while reading, talking on the phone, slapping the kids, eating or whatever. It is a façade really as the SUV is probably less safe in an accident than an ordinary sedan (and certainly less safe to those around them).

Finally, people here are under so much pressure in everyday life that they have little time and energy to really concentrate on what they are doing. It shows in how unenthusiastic most people here are about cars.

Then finally, the enforcement takes the easy route. Things like speed are easy to enforce. But lane discipline, proper use of signals, etc. are not. The vast majority of the population here does not want these things enforced so they aren't. But they do want to be protected from others speeding by them so that is enforced.

When I speak with most of my non-enthusiast friends who have accidents the cause usually comes down to some form of inattentiveness or very basic driver error.

Stephen

Quick Reply: Arrest in Connecticut for 99 MPH in a 65 MPH zone.