S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

ATP Turbo KIT

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATP Turbo KIT

What do all of you think about the ATP Eliminator turbo kit that is suppose to come out for our s4? They have 4 different turbo options-Eliminator GT2X 500HP Eliminator GT28R - 600HP,Eliminator GT28RS - 700HP, and Eliminator GT2871R - 800HP.
I have called them a few times and they always say one more week so I am starting to wonder if it will ever come out. I personally feel that anything above the GT2X you should build the engine.

For those of you that know more about engines than myself, what do you look at or observe to make sure that the turbo kits are safe and reliable. I feel the atp GT2X turbo kit from atp would be the most safe and great with giac tuning because I personally don't trust mika. For example the autospeed gt turbo kit, what did they look at to make sure this kit was safe when they were developing the software and everything. I am no way saying that autospeeds kit is not reliable or safe, but I am just trying to understand more about are engines and understand what tuners call safe and reliable.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

IBWISI...
Old 04-18-2006, 08:50 PM

Default Re: IBWISI...

What does IBWISI mean?
Old 04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

" feel the atp GT2X turbo kit from atp would be the most safe and great with giac tuning because"

You don't have a clue, but you talk as you do.

Search some more and call up ASP to find out. But don't bother if your not serious, as Mark will spend too much time with folks, sharing information, when he should be working on several cars..

Tory
Old 04-18-2006, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It means "I Believe It When I See It" Talk is cheap... "wheres the beef?"

We have seen an actual GT25 Kit from ASP on this board, thats' about it so far.

Bruce
Old 04-18-2006, 08:59 PM

Default Wow Milpitas you just know everthing.

Tell me how what I said was clueless. I know the tuning is going to be mika for the atp kits and I know it does not matter what your hardware is if your sofware is bad. I have heard that the hardware that atp sells is fine, but the mika tuning is the problem so i was saying if the kit came out it you could maybe get giac to tune it and it could be a good kit considering the price of the atp kit is suppose to be somewhat cheap. I don't understand why some people on this forum say sh^t to people all the time. Just don't respond if you are not going to answer my questions.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ATP has been saying "2 weeks" for at least 7 months

I don't think running a GT2X turbo on GIAC K03 (or K04) code is a good idea. Why bother paying lots of money for big turbos if you aren't going to take advantage of them with customized tuning? Tuning > *

There are several things that need to be implemented for "safe and reliable". First, the physical strength of the rods/pistons/block/etc must be sufficient to deal with a given power level. 2nd, the RPMs must be limited by the valvetrain (I don't think ASP pushed this beyond what a normal K03 chip does). 3rd, the tuning must be such that there is a safety margin built in to tolerate worst-possible-scenario operating conditions in terms of detonation. The motronic system is pretty good at saving its butt, but obviously its up to the tuner to set that "point" of power vs reliability.

ASP knows their ****. If I went with a GT turbo setup, I wouldn't go anywhere else. Thing is, like Milpitas says, Mark@ASP will pretty much build whatever you want. If you want a 5-600 hp car, just get RS6/K04s & the ASP fueling kit. If you want a truly custom seutp with lots of potential, talk to Mark.

My 0.05 cents.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

he's just bitter because he's not going to have his S for another 3 months =p
Old 04-18-2006, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default You can't just slap on GIAC tuning on whatever you want.

A) it needs tweaking when it's installed in something it's suppose to have been tuned for
B) It would never run correctly on GIAC code and getting GIAC to custom tune your car without AWE supplied hardware is probably a pipe dream. "I said probably"

The ATP kit has been brought up so many times, ATP makes solid components, they have some neat ****, but this kit is not out, they have made only a couple of passes with their "shop" car good MPH, not so hot ET's, but after those few runs in Sac, i'm unclear what has been changed, fixed. What is taking so long? (probably some of the stuff that Mark @ ASP had to track down and fix!)

And since most people feel that ATP tuning (whoever they decide to go with, is questionable), then your real er only choice if your looking at garretts is Autospeed and then again , call for information, or STFA for much information on this.

You cannot just say GIAc tuning is good and I'll run it with whatever snails I decide to use.

you can use GIAc K03 software and tweak it (if you have that knowledge), otherwise you may tweak your motor into an early grave.

I don't know much to be honest, but your post came from left field, with a hint of "I know this crap", but to be honest your post also told me you didn't have much of a clue and just throwing out acronyms.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default HEY, lock it up hippie!! You know what I did today, built my kid his new bed, ya

that's what you start doing when you don't have a car to tweak with!! you start buying and building furniture, oh yes it happens!

Tory

Quick Reply: ATP Turbo KIT