S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

ATP Turbo KIT

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Listen to Tory on this, hes been around as long if not longer than most of us and has been

throwing stones for 5+ years to keep the tuners honest re tuning/claims. Has caught more errors in code than probably anyone else here, having owned and run AMS/APR/GIAC/MTM on his car. Did I miss anything Tory? lol.

I got to see/participate in the latest APR developments on their Stg3 V2 code, participated in the beta for it(M box testing). Watched it from creation to production and its all theirs. Impressive to see them work the 93/100/104/WaterInj versions of this code and see the before/after effect... and although it still frustrates me that it took them a long time to get around to doing this the results speak for themselves.

Mark/ASP and Tony/EPL(who I have no experience with) are producing their own code/files and sure it runs on the ME 7 processor/controller stack but it is each companies own intellectual property at this point, tuned to the specific car properties in all aspects. AMS, GIAC, MTM, assuming same/same for each. They likely all have the ability and are doing this now. This is "tuning."

I think the "tweaking" you are referring to speaks more to the homebrew crowd where you take the old GIAC pig-fat-fueling K03 file and tweak the adaptation channels to compensate for the maps/transitions to make it work on cars with larger turbos. THis has worked pretty well for those with patience however you have to ask the question how far would homebrews be if it weren't for Revo slipping out Lemmiwinks? I knew of the existence of adaptation channels in ME7 years ago, Audi had to adjust my car for missfires at idle and did this with adaptation changes, but had no idea how to play with them before Lemmiwinks made them easily accessible. Lemmi has certainly made tweaking easier but still is far from tuning imo... need to be in the maps and have all the resolution for that to occur. There is no way to effectively cover every transition and/or sensor/code condition with Lemmi.

Also look to the companies that will do custom code for wierd combos: APR, ASP, EPL, GIAC, probably others. You bring them your own frankenstein and they make it work with the ME 7 system, the way cars should work. Don't get me started about sensor work arounds(MAP clamps, MAF scaling, etc)... why not use the 2 32bit proecessors your ecu has to protect the engine the way it was designed in the first place? Mark at ASP has impressed me on this with the MAF and MAP sensors he's doing. D@mn smart to use a 3B MAP sensor and then code it into ME 7. Thats knowledge. Thats coding the way it should be done.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Insider information :-)
Old 04-18-2006, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Now I'm calling just to slow your car up...

<JOKING> ;-p
Old 04-18-2006, 10:48 PM

So what do you think of revo code? =)
Old 04-18-2006, 11:03 PM

Default I have no clue.

<Bowing down to the AW Gods>
Old 04-18-2006, 11:47 PM

Default Swapping the MAP sensor is common place on old skool Audi's, the next "B5 innovation" will be

<a href="http://www.moreboost.com/">Virtual MAP Sensors</a> like the 4Bar VMAP in my UrS4... &lt;yawn&gt;
Or
<a href="http://www.splitsec.com/products/psc1/PSC1001.htm">Programmable MAP Sensor"</A>

I dunno why this crowd thinks they are doing all the cutting edge ****.

On this board for 4 years ? Pfft! Many I've met have been doing the mod's discussed here and <a href="http://www.s-cars.org/">posting about it</a> over the last 8+ years.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually I'm going to disagree further, the Stock code is the best base code
Old 04-18-2006, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

AMS rewrites the code they don't use adaptation channels, so you would be completely wrong
Old 04-18-2006, 11:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

You understand wrong
Old 04-18-2006, 11:55 PM

Default Rewrites the code or just twiddles the Boost/Fueling maps ? There's a big difference in skill level

Most tuners only modify the maps on base code.

Quick Reply: ATP Turbo KIT