S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Audi order process

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-1999, 07:50 AM
Leon Oxley

Default Audi order process

I felt I had to respond to comments posted by Jim De Arras on 11-27 regarding the Audi order process. His S4 finally arrived at 6:00pm on Wed. Dec 1, after he called the trucking company directly who had told him he would see the car lunchtime Tuesday. He called the trucking company because his dealer was obviously incompetent and not able to give him a straight answer. Jim had hung around for two straight days looking for his car and spent the night in a hotel when it didn't arrive the first day. HELLO! Welcome to the world of Audi!!! The dealer can only pass on the information he is given. What you all seem to forget sometimes is we are only paid when we DELIVER the cars to you, the customer, and not just write the order. so we don't play silly games and hide them from you to add to the anticipation and frustration. An alternate S4 in Imola was offered to Jim when it became apparent that his original order was going to be later than thought, he decided to wait, I also offered to fully refund his deposit, which he also refused. Jim then proceeded to spread negative gossip about the honesty of Heishmans. Honesty was the reason for the whole problem, giving Jim the information as I received it and faxing hard copies of status reports was somehow dishonest.
These cars are, to use Jim's words "limited" availability, so be patient everyone, or go buy a Subaru!!!!
Old 12-03-1999, 07:57 AM
SAR

Default In other words, LEON, "You'll get it when you get it..."

"...and you should feel lucky we're LETTING you buy it."

Is that it?
Old 12-03-1999, 08:04 AM
Jyoteen

Default Re: Audi order process

My car went from Ship status to Port to Truck status in 2 weeks!

Next thing I know, I got a call saying that the car was in.

Go figure.
Old 12-03-1999, 08:07 AM
daphne

Default Now hold on there, Leon....

While waiting for my S4 I got a number of stories from my dealer about the status of my car. It was obvious that the dealer had no clue where the car was or what was happening. I was pretty annoyed at being strung along, but I did realize that it was because my dealer wasn't getting accurate information in the first place.

I assume you are a salesman at Heishman's and you choose to blame all the delivery problems on AoA. Granted, AoA seems completely messed up, but you dealers continue to put up with it. As a 3-time Audi customer, I expect honest communications. You, as an AoA customer should demand the same.

Don't just sit and blame AoA, do something about it!
Old 12-03-1999, 08:37 AM
GOD OF ALL S4

Default What kind of answer is this? Jim ordered a car in good faith and your tone is disturbing,

to say the least. He had every right to complain about your service. The fact that you have chosen this forum, to both defend your own incompetence and attack one of your consumers is despicable. I do not know Jim, but your patronizing tone (for example, about how he stayed in a hotel room waiting) is out of line. If you came to this list looking for some sort of sympathy from consumers who put there hard earned (well most of us at least ) dollars into your pocket - YOU ARE IN THE WRONG FORUM! Go to Usedcarsalesmen.org for support therapy.
Old 12-03-1999, 08:41 AM
GOD OF ALL S4

Default Message for JIM, who ordered an Imola Yellow through Heishman's. I think it

would be worth your while to call the following two Audi dealers who may have a car for you: 1. Ira Audi/Porsche in Danvers, MA - 978-739-8806; and 2. Inskip Audi in Warwick, RI - 800-958-9879. Both dealers had a "large" inventory of new S4's available and have great service!
Old 12-03-1999, 08:47 AM
Scott W

Default Post it somewhere else Leon, you are the liason between the customer & Audi & if the flow of...(more

information from Audi is the problem, then that is YOUR (the dealer's) problem. I waited patiently for my S4 & am glad that I did.

It would appear to anybody who read your message that you too are frustrated with the Audi order/delivery process, the only problem here is that...WE KNOW! I'd recommend discussing it with your regional Audi of America rep if you feel that it's leading to "negative gossip" which you feel will compromise the integrity/honesty of your dealership. But to that end,
"hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!!!".
Old 12-03-1999, 09:11 AM
BOBP

Default DITTO: Ordered 9/27,projected delivery at or near...

mid December..dealer calls me 11/11 and says cars' here when do you want it!! It was VERY early to my delight but dealer had NO CLUE. Go figure. bp
Old 12-03-1999, 09:22 AM
Anomymous

Notice how he attacked Jim after the car was delivered and not when the original comments were made
Old 12-03-1999, 09:28 AM
GOD OF ALL S4

Duh! Sorry I just remembered you already got your car! Congratulations!

Quick Reply: Audi order process