S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Audi order process

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-1999, 10:07 AM
Warren Wang

Default Man, everyone on this board just needs to calm down

Not that I'm condoning Leon's post, but I think everyone just needs to calm down a bit. It's a car. If you choose to order one instead of buying one off the lot, you gotta wait! Jim said he ordered his car in August, which would put this somewhere near 3 and a half months. Pretty spot on for a custom order (that's about how long it took for my A4, without a sunroof). I just checked out my order sheet, which says 8/30 as the order date, so mine should be getting here soon too =)

Leon, have a talk with the Audi area rep. I hear he's a good guy, and a car nut to boot.

If it gets here before Christmas, I'll be very merry indeed. If it doesn't, I'll knock back an extra eggnog to forget about it til the morning =) Err, oh wait, that's right, I work that night... Make that 2 eggnogs...

It's worth the wait,
Warren
Old 12-03-1999, 10:19 AM
art

Default Re: What kind of answer is this? Jim ordered a car in good faith and your tone is disturbing,

People can only tell what they know, it sounds as if the trucking company would not tell him where his shipment was. You cannot pass on info if you don't have it. I have had to deal with trucking companies before and I really believe they are all a bunch of crooks and cannot be trusted. The person who orignally bitched is titled to bitch, but it should toned down to a little less than slander. Hell, no one is perfect so except a little mistake and live with. You get a little better treatment when giving respect and you get treated better when you go back.
Old 12-03-1999, 10:23 AM
Jim De Arras

Default Frankly, I don't know what to say.

I expressed my opinion, and what little facts I had, and now my own salesman, after smiling, taking my money and shaking my hand LAST NIGHT, comes out with this. He's had that posting since 11/27, I FAXed it to him, and I still stand by it.

Oh well, life goes on...
Old 12-03-1999, 10:26 AM
BOBP

too many watching WWF & WCW!!
Old 12-03-1999, 10:28 AM
Hoss

where's BOSS HOGG when you needim?
Old 12-03-1999, 10:32 AM
DOMESTIC KAR KING

ya'll shudda bawt a Chevalay!! Toll ya bafor.
Old 12-03-1999, 10:35 AM
Chicago Joe

Default File a complaint with AoA...with printed records of both of your relevant posts here (more)

as well as, perhaps, any printed records you have received from him.
Old 12-03-1999, 10:36 AM
Ted

Default Re: Audi order process (or why I am 8 days away from cancelling my order)

I have gone through this same load of crap with my local dealer. Four times (count 'em, four) I called my dealer wanting info on where the car was and even though he said he would call me right back, he didn't! After waiting a week for his calls (each time) I would call him and get the same cycle started again.

My dealer outright lied to me on one occasion by telling my car was in port at Houston and then two hours later the head of sales called me to tell me my car was on a boat!

Well, at the last update, the same head of sales told me that my car would be in country on 12/3 and at his dealership 12/10. He was probably jerking my chain, but we will see.

If the car isn't there by then, I'm cancelling my order, getting back my deposit and sitting on my hands until next year when I will buy the new M3 (at least my local BMW dealer, Bill Jacobs Motorsport, returns my call and even sends me a nice form letter every time I visit the dealership).

I have heard so much bad news about shoddy treatment from Audi dealers that I am just going to cut and run.

Just my two bits.
Old 12-03-1999, 10:38 AM
Chicago Joe

Default You're obviously in Chicago

Who is your Audi dealer?
Old 12-03-1999, 10:45 AM
Ted

Default Re: You're obviously in Chicago

I'll spill the details on the 10th to let everyone know how things have turned out.

Quick Reply: Audi order process